Chapter 37

Halle POV

"Hello?" I answered the phone for Roddy as I was walking to my car

"Was good baby" He said.

"Hey baby! Just leaving Starbucks" I said.

"What you get?" He asked me.

"A hot cocoa" I said and he laughed.

"It's good!" I said laughing too.

"Mhm I bet." He said.

"How's tour? You get on stage yet?" I asked.

"Nah, just landed in Nashville and I got dressed bout an hour ago. On the bus right now, on our way to the venue. I'm just laying down right now till we get there, and I wanted to talk to you while we on the drive." Roddy said.

"Aww, that's sweet. I miss you so much sweet baby." I said as I got in the car and connected him to the car speaker, and I sat my hot cocoa in the cup holder.

"I miss you too shawty" Roddy said.

It's been over a month now, a few weeks left and he'll be back.

I went to five of the tour dates to see him, can't go to all since I got things going on myself so.

But I've been seeing him frequently and we FaceTime or talk on the phone when we can't see each other in person.

So we've been fine.

"A few more weeks and you're back in my arms" I said cheesing and he laughed saying "On crip. I just wanna lay up wit cha to be honest"

"But you gotta get to the money" I said starting the car up.

"Exactly. Shit, me and you both" Roddy said.

"We get it together" I said with a smile as I started driving.

"On me. And I got some new music done the other night" He said.

"For real?" I asked.

"Mhm, I wanna show you. I'll send them to you once I'm done performing and get settled in the hotel room" Roddy said.

"Yay! I can't wait, is it for a project in particular or?" I asked.

"I honestly ain't sure yet, I just got some songs done that's all. Got three done" He said.

"Oh okay, well either way. I can't wait to hear it" I said.

"I appreciate you Miss.Halle" He said, I smiled saying "No problem sweet baby."

"How's Poseidon?" Roddy asked me and I chuckled.

"He's good! He misses you though" I said.

"That nigga don't miss me" Roddy said, I laughed so hard as I got to a red light.

"Yes he does!" I said.

"No he don't, he only care bout you" Roddy said laughing.

"Oh my gosh" I said.