Chapter 18:

MUSIC: Fu*ked up world - The Pretty Reckless

Ryan above^

/ / / /

Ryan's P.O.V

/ / / /

"Jimmy don't do it." I said as I looked at Amelia with worried eyes. We were sitting in the MC-Donald's parking lot waiting for Amelia's breakfast to be cooked. She had managed to convince Jimmy to drive here, now she was trying to convince him to let her drive because he 'drives like a 90 year old granny'. 

"No. No way in god's name are you driving my vehicle!" Jimmy fought back. 

"Good man." I appraised him. Not only would I be fearing for my life if Amelia drove; Jimmy would be too, not to mention that he was worried that his baby - Primrose the Car- would be smashed to pieces.

"But why not? A - I can drive, B - I can drive, C - I can drive. So I don't see the problem!" She whined and I sighed.

"Because A - You can't drive for shit, B - You don't have any insurance , C - You don't even have your own car or licence and probably the most important one; D - You're underage to drive." Jimmy said and I was thankful that for once in his life he was behaving like an actual adult.

"But in America - regarding your point d - " At Amelia's words Aaron (who had been quiet the whole ride) snickered and couldn't stop laughing. "- I am legal to drive." 

"Yes, well sorry to point out your stupidity, but we are not in America!" Jimmy shouted and we all flinched. Amelia sat back on my lap suddenly and I looked at her like she was crazy. 

"What do you think you're-"

She stood up as Jimmy started talking again, cutting me off.

"Rules are rules. I've already been pulled over in this car, this is my last chance!" Jimmy shouted and Aaron started to laugh hysterically. He obviously found this whole ordeal hilarious. I, on the other hand, found it quite awkward. Especially since Amelia and I weren't talking and she was standing up in front of me. She growled and jumped down onto my lap and I groaned at the pain which only made Aaron laugh even harder; I glared at him.

"So glad you find this funny." I growled to him and held my privates as Amelia stood up again.

"Since when did you follow the rules? I thought you were bad!" She exclaimed, and thumped back down...Again. I groaned once more.

"Amelia seriously you-"

"Plus!" She exclaimed suddenly and cut me off. I glared at her from behind her and she didn't even notice.  "-I look 20! Not 16! Therefore, they won't pull us over!"

Jimmy sighed breathlessly, as if in pain.

"Listen, I am not taking that chance. Plus I don't want me or Primrose to end up dead, thank you very much!" We all gaped at Jimmy at this.

"How very rude that you only care about yourself!" Aaron said shocked.

"What? You've never even seen me drive before!" Amelia growled out to him and stood up. I took this chance to unplug myself and move out of Amelia's way and to the other seat.

"No, I haven't, but Ryan has."Jimmy argued and Amelia glared at him. "Yes, I heard about the time that Ryan was fueled by pure stupidity and let you drive!"

"Everyone else can't drive." Amelia tried.

"Even that old woman crossing the road?" I asked her, and raised a skeptical brow.

"Yes! Even her!" She glared at me and I rolled my eyes. A worker knocked on Jimmy's window and he opened it, got the food, chucked it at Amelia and sped off, causing Amelia to fall over again.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

"Anywhore, we are here!" Aaron exclaimed as we arrived at school.

"You need to stop hanging out with Jimmy." I said to him and he shrugged.

"Anywho-"

"I swear if you finish your sentence I will stab you with a pencil in the eye." I threatened and he shut up. We all exited the car and walked to the front entrance of the school. Derek and Tommy were already there and greeted us. There was an audience of people but that was nothing new to us. Everyone was staring, as usual, but today instead of staring at us guys, they were staring at Amelia. It seemed to be creeping her out. I didn't care though.

"Why are you all staring at me?" She shouted but was met by silence.

"No need to shout-"

"Shut up Ryan I didn't ask for your opinion." She said icily and I glared at her.

"Well?" She asked everyone and no one spoke. After a minute of Amelia looking at them like they were a bunch of moldy potatoes a skinny, petite girl spoke.

"Why are you standing with them?"

After the girl spoke there were a few "yeah's" and "what she said" but other than that it was silent again. I sighed to myself. Trust Amelia to make so much trouble.

"I'm a unicorn. Why else?" Amelia answered sarcastically and everyone looked at her, dumbfounded.

"Yes with sparkles! Don't forget the beautiful, beautiful sparkles!" Jimmy butted in and a few people laughed.

"Wow she must be so stupid if she believes she's actually a unicorn." Someone from the crowd said and Amelia at them with a deadly glare.

"Ever heard of sarcasm?" She asked rhetorically with venom in her tone. "God, I already hate this place." Amelia muttered.

"And it hates you too, don't you worry." I grumbled under my breath and she glared at me.

"I, once again, didn't ask for you opinion you-"

"Oh honey just stop. He obviously doesn't want to flirt with you so just leave him alone." A girl from behind us said and I winced. This wasn't going to turn out well.

"And who are you?"

"I could ask you the same thing ,doll." The girl spat at Amelia and Amelia's demeanor changed in a matter of seconds. Amelia went to turn away from her but the girl's hand clasped onto her arm.

"Could you please remove your hand? I wouldn't want to catch any disease." Amelia asked icily and the girl removed her hand and stared at Amelia, shocked. The girl had short brown hair and was known for being a bitch at school. She had caused grown men to cry and so, not many people spoke back to her. "And for everyone's information, I'm standing with these guys because not only is Derek my cousin, they are all my best friends." Amelia answered but the brunette girl, I never knew her name, laughed mockingly.

"As if! I mean, you don't have to lie. It's pretty obvious that nothing you are saying is true. I mean, look at Derek-" The girl paused and stared at Derek dreamily for a few seconds. "-he's the hottest guy I think I've ever seen, as are the others. But you? I mean- " She laughed and eyed Amelia. "You're just...You." The girl giggled slightly and Amelia just stared at her in shock. I'd never seen Amelia react that way to anyone, so to see her look so hurt made me want to defend and protect her; even though we were in the middle of a huge argument. 

And so I did something stupid. I walked up to Amelia from behind, wrapped my arms around her waist and glared at the girl.

"Babe, you forgot to mention that we're dating." I said and the brunette gasped and took a step back. Amelia didn't answer me and just stood rigid in position. "And don't you worry-" I said. I was pretending to whisper in Amelia's ear but spoke loud enough that the girl could hear. "-You're way hotter than she will ever be." I finished and pecked Amelia's neck before I let go and started to walk inside. "Bye girls." I waved as I walked, everyone followed me in and left Amelia and the girl to it.