Chapter 15:

MUSIC: Jukebox Joints - ASAP Rocky

Amelia above^

/ / / /

AMELIA'S P.O.V

/ / / /

I listened as the phone rang, once, twice, three times.

"Please please answer, please- Answer the phone god damn it!" I shouted just as he picked up.

"Amelia, what can I do for you today?" Jimmy asked and I sighed in relief.

"Jimmy, could you come and pick me up. Please." I pleaded and he sighed.

"Why can't Ryan walk you home he-"

"Jimmy please." I whispered and tried to stop my voice from cracking but failed.

"Fine. Where are you?" He asked.

"I. Uh. I. The road next to the cafe." I stuttered and blinked as I tried not to cry. You will not cry Amelia. You will not let yourself become so weak.

"Be there in 5. Just don't puke in my car." He said. I smiled as a tear fell from my eye.

"I'll try not to Jimmy." He hung up after I spoke and I sat on the curb as I waited for him. He pulled up, true to his word, about 5 minutes later and I climbed in. Aaron and Tommy were in the car too, and I sat next to Tommy because Aaron was in the front with Jimmy. I curled into myself, huddled in the corner as I tried not to cry. I was grateful none of them asked any questions and just continued with their conversations. A tear fell from my eye and I wiped it away quickly. No one should see me cry, ever. Ryan was the only exception.

Damn you Ryan. You are always in my mind no matter what you do to hurt me.

We sat in silence for a while as Jimmy drove.

"Sorry." I blurted and cleared my throat because my voice was hoarse.

"What for?" Jimmy asked and looked at me through the rear view mirror.

"For stopping you form doing whatever illegal act it was and for bringing drama into your life." I stopped for a moment and breathed in. "I'm just sorry for everything."  They all looked at me and Tommy laughed slightly as his arm wiggled its way across my shoulder.

"Amelia, none of can remember what our lives were like before we met you. And trust me, none of us want to. All its been since we've met you is fun, and we must have been boring sods before. Don't ever be sorry for being you. We love you for you and you're one of us. You have been since that day in Mc-Donalds. Now stop being silly." Tommy said and I smiled and leant into him.

"Thank-you." I whispered to him and he squeezed me tighter against him.

"Anytime Amelia. Any time." He whispered back and we drove for a while in comfortable silence again. Until Jimmy asked the most dreaded question that made my face fall and tears come to my eyes.

"So, if you don't mind me asking, why did you need picking up? Weren't you with Ryan and Derek at the cafe?"