Chapter 11:

MUSIC: With me - Sum 41

Tommy above^

/ / / /

RYAN'S P.O.V

/ / / /

I sighed as Jimmy and Aaron continued their debate on why Amelia should wear brighter colours more often whilst we walked down the empty street. It was a quiet, long road with houses on each side.

"No but honestly, Amelia, you should wear clothes that aren't black more often. It makes you look really young and-"

"Jimmy shut your mouth before I throw you in someone's wheelie bin." Derek growled out with a menacing glare thrown in Jimmy's direction. He shut up and we continued to walk in pleasurable silence for a while.

As we started to approach our destination; a quiet coffee shop hidden between a few houses at the end of the road; Amelia grabbed my arm and pulled me to a halt. I looked down at her and her eyes closed slightly. Her face was paler than usual and she was swaying slightly on her feet.

"Are you oka-" I went to ask but she moved me out of the way as she gagged and started to throw up in one of the residents' bushes that framed their house.  I grimaced but nevertheless stood next to her and held her ponytail out of her face whilst rubbing her back. After she puked she went to stand again.

"Are you done- Never-mind." I cut myself off as she leant down again and continued to puke. The guys hadn't even asked why we had stopped and continued their conversations. I rolled my eyes at them and Amelia stood up.

"Okay, I'm done." She said groggily and my face scrunched at the smell of her breath. "Sorry." She grumbled with her hand over her mouth.

"Okay are you done with whatever you guys were doing?" Tommy asked.

"Yes, Amelia is done puking, thanks for the concern." I answered. My hand was still resting on Amelia's back and I removed it when I noticed Tommy looking at it with confusion.  We all continued to walk forwards and I turned to Amelia.

"Have you seen a doctor or something?" I asked and she shook her head.

"My parents...They don't really..." She trailed of with her answer and it seemed like she couldn't get her words out so I nodded in understanding and we continued on in silence. But something about Amelia was different after I asked that question, she seemed sad and almost guilty about something. 

But I couldn't bring myself to ask her why; because to receive answers you have to give them in return.

We eventually arrived at the coffee shop and Amelia refused to enter, worried that it would make her sick again and so Derek grabbed her and threw her over his shoulder; whilst she pouted the whole time we were there and Jimmy made inappropriate jokes to try and make her smile. But the whole time I sat there, I couldn't help but wonder if telling her something about my past would be worth it just to hear about her's.