Chapter 48:

MUSIC: Charli XCX - Break The Rules

Jade above^ (Charli XCX)

/ / / /

Amelia's P.O.V:

/ / / /

After I confessed everything to Ryan we stayed in his room for a little longer. We didn't talk, we just sat in silence as we hugged. It was a nice change and I was glad he didn't ask too many questions. He told me he'd fix what had happened but I didn't know if it was possible.

I believed in him, though.

I did freak out a little bit after i'd told him. My phone had buzzed with a text and I thought it would be Gilbert, telling me that he knew i'd told Ryan and that I was going to pay for it, but it wasn't, it was only Cher. I'd called her and told her everything. I told her that Gilbert had attacked again and I told her that I told Ryan. She was upset and started to rant that she would go to the police but Ryan took the phone from me and calmed her down. He told her that we shouldn't do anything drastic and to just wait. She listened to him.

A few hours after, and a lot of tears later, my phone had lit up with a call from Lilly. My parents wanted me home from dinner. It was a rare occurrence but I knew I had to go. I couldn't go around causing trouble any more. At least until I knew everything was over forever.

It had been about a week since everything and I hadn't seen Ryan since. We bumped into each other occasionally but we never stopped to hang out. He was busy with his family and I was busy trying to make amends with mine.

I figured it was time I grew up. I'd apologised to Lilly already and we'd started to talk more. My Dad, however was a different story. Nothing I said seemed to make him say more then a few words and it was doing my head in.

My phone pinged and I looked down to find a message from Ryan. 

Was it bad that I felt nervous, in a good way?

RYAN: Party tonight, you up for it? XX

Me: Yeah sure, pick me up? XX

RYAN: Of course, at 7? XXX

Me: At 7 XXXX

RYAN: XXXXXXX

I smiled and my Dad huffed from his place on the sofa. He looked tired. He had bags under his eyes and his hair was going grey. He'd never looked so stressed since the day he signed the papers to legally look after me again. I frowned at the memory.

"Ryan right?" He asked and I nodded. He wasn't looking at me, though.

"Yeah."

"How is he?" My Dad asked. He still didn't look at me but I knew he was trying.

"He's good, great. He's asked me to go to a party tonight, can I?" I asked quietly. I'd never asked to go out before but I didn't want our conversation to stop.

"Since when did you ask?" My Dad asked and I sighed. We sat in silence for a while before he spoke again. "Are you two dating?"

"No, Dad." I said and he looked at me in shock. It must have been the first time in months i'd called him Dad to his face.

"But you want to?" He asked and I swallowed. I felt awkward. I'd never been one to share my personal life, especially not to my Dad.

"I don't know. I guess." I mumbled and he grinned. It was the first real smile i'd seen him give me on years.

"That's good then." He muttered and looked back at the TV. I nodded. We fell back into silence and I texted Cher to ask her to help me find something to wear. She told me she'd be over as soon as she could. My Dad's eyebrows furrowed and he sighed. Lilly was in the kitchen, making something for dinner.