Chapter 49:

MUSIC: For the Love of a Daughter - Demi Lovato 

Jade above^

/ / / /

Ryan's P.O.V:

/ / / /

The drive home was slightly awkward. I tried to make small talk but it was hard; I had a sister I hadn't seen in years and a girl I was in love with next to me, what was I supposed to talk about?

When the silence became too much I put the radio on.

"Amelia, do you want to come back to mine?" I asked her and she looked at me, shocked.

"I don't know, I think my Dad wants me back." She answered and I nodded in understanding.

"Your Dad?" I asked, shocked. He spoke to me when I went to pick Amelia up, he told me not to break her heart and to keep making her happy. He told me he'd failed at it and that I couldn't. It was odd, but I went along with it. Amelia cleared her throat.

"Yeah, he, uh, he spoke to me today." She said but I saw her gaze turn to Jade who was in the backseat. I nodded. She didn't want to talk about it in front of Jade from the looks of things.

"Oh right, so i'll drop you at yours then?"

"Yeah if you don't mind." 

"Alright." I muttered and took a turn that lead me to Amelia's.

When we arrived in front of her house she got out of the car and I followed her.

"I'll be back in a minute." I told Jade and she nodded.

"Tell Amelia I said it was nice to meet her." Jade said and I nodded with a smile on my face.

"I will." I ran and caught up with Amelia on the walk to her front door. 

She didn't look at me when I caught up to her. She was speed walking and I grabbed her arm to slow her down.

"I'm sorry we had to cut the night short."

"It's fine, you saw your sister and that's great." Amelia said with a small smile. I nodded.

"Yeah it is, but I still feel bad for interrupting our night." I said and my eyebrows furrowed. Amelia put her hand on my shoulder and smiled at me reassuringly.

"Ryan,i'm sure we will have a chance to have another night like this, you might not get the chance with your sister again so go. Go and sort it out, go and let yourself be happy again." Amelia said.

"You make me happy though." I mumbled and she swallowed as she looked up at me.

"There's different types of happiness Ryan, the one your sister will give you is one I can't, so take the chance and go; before it's too late." Amelia said. She squeezed my arm lightly and started to walk back up the path. I stared at her back for a minute before I decided to take the chance.

I called her name and started to run up to her. She turned around just as I got there.

"Wha-"

I kissed her. I didn't let myself over-think it and I didn't let her over-think it either. I kissed her and after she realised what was happening she kissed me back. It was slow and quick but it was enough. I pulled away and she looked at me with wide eyes. I grinned at her and turned back around. I started the walk back to my car and after I took a few steps I looked over my shoulder and waved at her.

"I'll call you tomorrow." I shouted and I didn't give her a chance to reply as I got into my car. She stared at me as I turned the engine on, and she stared at me as I pulled away. It was only when I could barely see her that she turned and started the walk to her door. I couldn't stop the grin that was on my face. I had no idea why it was there but it was.