Chapter 40:

MUSIC: Pacify Her - Melanie Martinez

Anastasia above^ (AnnaSophia Robb)

/ / / /

Ryan's P.O.V 

/ / / /

I sat in the back of the tiny car muttering quiet profanities about my lack of space whilst on the way to pick up my Nan and her crazy carer. I wasn't aloud to take the car alone to pick up my Nan because of how I 'reacted' to Cindy's pregnancy. According t my Dad, it was rude and uncalled for. She insisted on me going alone but he wouldn't have any of it.  If only he'd known I apologised to her when he went out the next day. It was the first time i'd ever had a proper conversation with Cindy and it turned out okay.

"Are we there yet?"

"Does it look like we're there yet Ryan?"

"I don't know. I don't remember what her house looks like." I mumbled annoyingly. My Dad sighed at me before he turned the radio up to block out my persistent whining. I shut my eyes to try and sleep but couldn't. We had made slight progress since the news of Cindy's pregnancy. I was still mad and didn't know how to feel about it, but my Dad had actually approached me and started conversation, albeit it was about picking up my Nan but it was something.

"Are we there yet?"

"No, Ryan. You just asked." 

I sighed and looked out the window. I hated being bored and everyone knew I became annoying when I was bored.

"Are we there yet?" I asked with a slight smirk as I laid on the seats in the back of the car without my seat belt on. 

"No, Ryan. Just...Just shut-up!" I glared at my Dad when he shouted at me where as Cindy just looked at him in disappointment.                                                                                                                         "What?" He asked me when he saw that I was glaring at him through the rear-view mirror.

I just ignored him.

"What, Cindy?" He asked her angrily when she stared at him with her lips turned down.

"Look at the road! Keeps your eyes on the - Ah!" She ducked, one hand over her head, the other rested on her stomach protectively.

"Christ!" 

"For God's sake Dad! When did you take your driving test? In 1805?" I asked him angrily, he could have killed us. And that was the second time in the hour we had been in the car.

"Ryan I suggest you shut your mouth boy!" He shouted at me and Cindy flinched. I glared again and looked at him intimidatingly.

"Pull. Over." I gritted.

"What?"

"Pull. Over."

"What? No-"

"Pull over because you obviously don't know how to drive!" I shouted at him.

"Ryan! Don't speak to me like that bef-"

"Just pull over god dammit!" Cindy screeched at my dad.

"Alright, jeez. Calm yourself!" My Dad said to Cindy and so she whacked him around the head and he flinched in pain whilst he pulled over.

I got out of the car and walked over to his door. I opened it for him but he looked blankly at me.

"Get out then." I said coldly. He glared at me but did what I said and sat in the back whilst I took his spot in the front.

"Man we need a bigger car." He grumbled and I rolled my eyes.