Chapter 6:

MUSIC: Turn To Dust - Wolf Alice

Amelia above ^

/ / / /

RYAN'S P.O.V:

/ / / /

"Is it just me, or is it hot in here?" Jimmy asked and flapped his top at Amelia. I rolled my eyes and scoffed. Everyone threw some form of insult at Jimmy, even Derek who, for some reason, hadn't spoken a word since he sat down.

Derek was always the guy I was closest too. I was close with Jimmy, Aaron and Tommy also, but Derek was always the one I knew I could confide into with any problem I had and I knew he would always come up with a reasonable answer or explanation.  Although Derek spent most of his time with his cousin he was always there when I needed him to be, no matter the circumstance.  He had always said that he never wanted me to meet his cousin because he thought we were too alike yet so different at the same time that we would clash. I didn't want to meet his cousin anyway, she seemed like she'd be someone I would either hate or love; and I couldn't afford to feel either of those things.

"That was lame Jimmy." Derek said and Amelia's head snapped to him at the speed of light.

"Oh shit." I heard Derek squeak and Amelia growled his name at him.

"Hi?"Derek squeaked and started spluttering about needing the toilet. As he started to leave towards the toilets Amelia followed him and he sprinted, her chasing after him. We all watched the exchange curiously until Jimmy sighed dreamily.

"I think i'm in love." He sighed again and Aaron rolled his eyes at him. I slapped him around the back of his head. He grunted and glared at me.

"Jealous much?" He asked and I just glared at him.

"He didn't answer..." Tommy trailed and my glare fixed its self on him instead.

"Do you want a slap too?" I asked and Aaron who was sitting on the same side as Tommy reached and slapped him.

"Thanks." I muttered and he nodded at me.

"Anytime."

Amelia soon came out from the toilets whilst dragging a near crying Derek with her by the ear. Once she reached us she walked Derek to his seat like he was a child that was going to run away. She wasn't wrong there.

"You have a lot of explaining to do." She growled at Derek once she was sat down.  I tuned out of whatever Jimmy said next, not really caring at that moment. So what came next was a shock to me.

"Derek's my cousin." Amelia said whilst Derek grumbled the same words grumpily. A few images flashed in my mind and I nearly chocked. 

1 YEAR EARLIER

"I bet your cousins hot, I mean, look at your sister." Jimmy said.

"Yeah, I  mean, if she's like your sister then wow." Tommy agreed.

"I bet money she's not as hot as Derek's sister. I mean the way he describes her she sounds more like him." Aaron had said, disagreeing with our predictions of what Derek's cousin would look like.

Derek groaned.

"You know your talking about my sister AND cousin right?"He asked but we all just ignored him.

"So it's settled then-" I started. "Aron has to pay us £5 each if she's hot, if not we pay him £5 each. Deal?"

We all had shook hands. It was settled. When we met her we would pay up...

/ / / /

I paled.

"Are you okay dude? You look like your gonna puke." Aaron asked and I swallowed.

"Yeah, fine. Just are you two close cousins as in you see each other regularly?" I asked Derek and Amelia and Derek looked at me for a few seconds before he smirked, remembering.

The truth is I never really liked betting on things or people, I felt like it was a waste of money.. The night the bet happened we had all had a few drinks and weren't in the right state of mind. I guess I never believed we'd actually meet her.

"She's the one you always ditch us for!" Aaron exclaimed.

"Yep." Derek answered me, sounding awfully smug. I groaned.

"Guys-" I started and everyone turned to me "-Remember last year we made that bet? About ..." I trailed off and tried to be discreet. 

Amelia chuckled dryly.

"I'm not completely stupid you know." She said and I looked at her wearily. She didn't look at anyone and started eating the rest of her food quickly. Shoving it in as if it was going to disappear. Derek shook his head at her.

"Lady like Amelia." Derek noted sarcastically and she glared at him. 

"What? I can't come to Mc-Donald's and eat just like guys do without being insulted about it? Don't piss me off Derek, I'm already pissed enough at you. Now leave me and my food be before I turn you into a piece of meat yourself." She growled at him evilly and he cowered back slightly. I was handed a £5 note but I gave it back to Aaron. Amelia seemed to be upset over the bet and I didn't know why but I had a feeling that it was more than just her feeling like a game. Jimmy saw me and furrowed his eyebrows.

"But dude, she's hot. Are you blind? Do I need to take you to the opticians again Ryan? I swear you only had your eyes tested last year!  Please do tell me why you do not find her hot! You've kissed girls way uglier than her so why don't you-" Within seconds Jimmy was on the floor, Amelia standing over him her breaths ragged. He groaned and held his eye. 

"Don't ever talk about me like that again." She whispered to him and stormed out. We all stared at the spot where she stood, shocked. But around a minute later she stormed back in.

"I forgot my food." She mumbled, and once again, stormed out.

This time with the food. And Derek and I hot on her trail.