Chapter 8:

MUSIC: Kingdom Come - Demi Lovato ft Iggy Azalea

Derek above^

/ / / /

DEREK'S P.O.V

/ / / /

I took Amelia to a quiet section of the town and sat down with her. I couldn't believe the way she was acting. One minute she was happy, the next upset, then angry then flirty towards someone she's barely known 5 minutes. 

"You have some explaining to do." I grumbled at her. She scoffed and looked at me. 

"No Derek. You have some explaining to do." She said angrily and I gulped.

"Look, it's not what it-"

"It's not what it seems to be? Then what is it Derek? Because to me it seems like you've been making up excuses to not see me since I've come back. Go on, tell me it's not true." She said. Her eyes were watery and in that moment I realised how much of a dick I've been.

"I'm sorry."

"That doesn't cut it Derek."

"I know."

"Are you going to explain, or?"

"Yes. I'm sorry, okay? I was scared that when you came back you'd be different to how I've remembered you. That you wouldn't want to see me, even. Especially when you found out who I hang out with and the reputation I have and-"

"And what? Why would you think i'd judge you for stuff so stupid like that? Especially with what i've been through... I'm the last person you'd see judging for who you hang out with and the reputation you've built up. I can't believe you." She muttered and stood up. I grabbed her arm and she looked down at me.

"I'm sorry." I said and she shook her head, pulled her arm from my grasp and walked away.