Chapter 4:

Music: Dirty Love - Cher Lloyd

Jimmy above ^

/ / / /

AMELIA'S P.O.V

/ / / /

I was woken up by the incessant ringing of my phone.

"Hello?" I answered groggily.

"Hi. Is this Amelia?" A deep tone spoke and my eyebrows furrowed.

"Yes."I answered wearily.

"It's Ryan, from the park the other day."

"Oh, hi. Sorry, I completely forgot who you were then." I said truthfully and stretched before standing up from my bed.

"Thanks." He said sarcastically and I rolled my eyes.

"You're welcome. So, what was so important you had to wake me up?" I asked and started to get some clothes out from my draws.

"We're hanging out today is what." He stated and I stopped in my tracks.

"Excuse me?" I asked and wondered if i'd heard him correctly.

"We are hanging out today." He repeated slowly and I huffed.

"Okay. One; don't ever tell me what i'm doing again. And two; what time?" I asked and nearly slapped myself for being such a softie.

"Meet you in an hour."

"Fine. Where?"

"My place."

"This best not be your plan to kill me, because if it is, you'll get your arse handed to you." I threatened and I heard him laugh.

"Trust me, my plan isn't to kill you."

"Good. Now we've got that clear; where do you live?"

He gave me his address and before he hung up the phone, leaving me with an hour to get ready. I simply stuck on some black, high waisted skinny jeans, a black crop top and my black leather jacket; brushed my hair through and did my usual make-up before I left.

This is going to be interesting.

When I got to his house I knocked and a blonde, skinny woman answered.

"Can I help you?" She asked. Her voice was high-pitched and squeaky, her hair was bright blonde and she was dressed casually.

"Yeah, actually, I'm looking for Ryan."

"Ah, you must be Amelia. Come on in." She said and I followed her through the house. The walls were plain beige, no pictures covered them and there was minimal furniture everywhere. It looked just like my house, but bigger. Plain, boring and un-welcoming.

"So, you're the girl Ryan met at the park." She stated and I nodded awkwardly.

"Yeah."

"Well it's nice to meet you. I'm Cindy, Ryan's mum." She said and held her tiny hand out for me to shake. I did, and couldn't help but notice the way she emphasized the word 'Mum'.

She looked way to young to be Ryan's mum, to say the least.

"Step-mum." A deep voice corrected from the stairs. I looked up to find Ryan slowly coming down the stairs, his hand on the banister. He was wearing a pair of black slim trousers, a grey top with writing all over it and a black leather jacket. He looked good, there was no doubt about it. He looked at me and smirked before looking back at Cindy a glare on his face.

"We're going out. Don't wait up." He winked at her before his face quickly transformed back into a glare.

"Nice meeting you Amelia." Cindy called as we left. I barely had time to raise my hand to wave goodbye because of the speed Ryan was dragging me out the house by.

"Whoa, slow down speedy. Not all of us have long legs you know." I said to him as he was a few steps in front of me already. He stopped, turned around and looked me up and down.

"I guess you weren't talking about yourself." He muttered and continued his journey speed walking down the road. We walked in silence before he broke it.

"She didn't say anything bad to you did she?" He asked and I looked at him. He had slowed his walking speed down now we were a few houses down from his.

"Who Cindy?" I asked and he nodded. I spluttered. "No."

"Good."

"I'm guessing you don't have a good relationship?" I asked and he didn't look me in the eye as he nodded.

"How'd you guess?" He asked and I shrugged.

"I know how it feels. I have a step mum too." I mumbled and he nodded.

"They're bitches aren't they?" He asked, but it sounded more like a statement.

"Yeah. They are." I said, a detestful tone in my voice as my 'step-mum' flashed in my mind.

"Hate yours too?" He asked and I nodded.

"I had a feeling she wasn't really your mum when she said that. She looks way too young."

"Yeah, she's only like 25 or something. Way too young for my dad if you ask me."

"How old is he?"

"Like 40 or something. I don't really know if i'm honest. I've never cared enough to."He said and then coughed, as if trying to cover up what he said.

"That's a pretty big gap."

"Yes it is. When did you get so good at maths?" He asked sarcastically and looked at me, a playful glint in his eyes.

"I'm not. I always skip that class." I mumbled and he chuckled.

"I just skip all of them to be honest." He said and I nodded.

"Don't blame you. Anyway, where are we going?" I asked and my stomach decided to rumble.

"I think your stomach just answered that for me. Mc-Donald's."

"Shut your mouth. If you hadn't of woken me up I wouldn't have this problem." I grunted and he smirked at me.

"At least you get Mc-Donald's."

"That, BadBoy, is very true."