Chapter 51:

MUSIC: BITE - Troye Sivan

Amelia above^

/ / / /

Amelia's P.O.V:

/ / / /

There was a knock on my front door. I was home alone and couldn't help the way my heart felt like it stopped at the noise. I walked to the door and opened it gingerly. I sighed when I only saw Ryan.

"Oh my god, you nearly gave me a heart attack I-"

I couldn't talk because of the lips that pressed against mine. They moved away before I could process what was happening. He brushed past me and entered my house. I was left staring at empty space. I shut the door and followed him to the living room. He was standing up and looking around. There were some pictures on the walls and it made the place look more homely. He was staring at them.

I was confused. I didn't know why he was here. We both knew that it was dangerous for us to be seen together, alone. It gave Gilbert an opportunity to hurt the people we cared about. Ryan never seemed to care about that factor though.

He looked good. His hair was all over the place which showed he had run his hands through it. His eyes looked darker than normal. They were filled with something, some type of emotion but I couldn't place what it was. He had a small smile on his lips as he looked at the pictures. Pictures of me as a kid, pictures of my Dad and I. There was even a picture of my Mum and I. It was the one Reese had given me when I saw him. Ryan had on his signature leather jacket and a button up white shirt with black prints all over it.

White made him look tanned. It was a good look. He wore some black trousers and his black vans. I didn't know what it was about him that day, but he looked different. He looked more attractive than usual. Maybe it was the aura that surrounded him. It screamed power and confidence and it was something i'd never noticed before.

I liked it.

I liked it more then I should have.

"Ryan why are you here?" I asked him and he turned to look at me. His eyes were curious as they drank me in. I hadn't seen or heard from him in days. I hadn't spoken to him since the night of the party.

I missed him.

I missed him more then I should have. I should have taken the distance as a good thing. He knew about Gilbert and that meant he was in more danger then he was before. I was almost certain Gilbert already knew. I was just waiting for the attack.

"Is there a reason why I shouldn't be here?" He asked me. His eyes roamed my face and I felt like he could read my every thought and feeling. I felt self-conscious in front of him and I had no idea why. There was no reason for me to be, but he made me feel that way. I was wearing some leggings and a crop top, it wasn't anything special and it wasn't anything bad. It was just casual. A look I was wearing more often. The crop top wasn't black, surprisingly. It was pink.

I knew he liked the colour pink on me.

He smirked as he picked up on my hesitation.

"Tell me Amelia, is there a reason that I shouldn't be here?" He asked me. He took a step forward and stood opposite me. I was nearest to the door, I stayed leant against the wall. I didn't move. "Am I not allowed to miss you?" He asked me. His eyebrows were furrowed as he stared at me and I swallowed.

He was confusing me. I wanted him closer to me, but I also wanted him to leave.

It was the worst feeling in the world.

"It's dangerous for you to be here Ryan. You know that." I said quietly. I couldn't meet his eye. I felt guilty. I missed him too but I knew he needed to leave. I couldn't let him tangle himself up in my mess anymore then he had already. He laughed but stopped when he realised I was serious.