Chapter 52:

MUSIC: Under The Bridge - Red Hot Chili Peppers

Ryan above^

/ / / /

Ryan's P.O.V:

/ / / /

I switched on my left indicator and changed lanes. Amelia sat silently next to me. The radio played quietly on the town's radio station to fill the silence. It wasn't awkward; it was peaceful. My hand gripped Amelia's and I kept it entwined with my own even when I changed gear. She hadn't spoken much, but neither had I. We were both nervous. I knew it would be awkward for her but I couldn't do it on my own. Too many questions would've lingered and too many unknown answers would have hung in the air. The atmosphere would make me un easy and I knew that Amelia would help stop that feeling.

Her hair was down, swaying from the gusts of wind that kept entering the car through our open windows as we sped down the motorway. She was dressed casually in a pair of black high-waisted shorts and a baby pink and blue crop top. I liked the fact that she had stopped wearing so much black.

I also really like the fact that she was wearing more pink.

Pink was her colour. It made her look tan and suited her, no matter what the item of clothing was. She could have worn a bin bag in pink and I would have loved it.

Sunglasses rested on her eyes which didn't allow me to know where she was looking. She could have been starring at me, for all I knew.

I probably wouldn't have minded.

As much as I was nervous I was also giddy. I was excited, anxious, elated and worried all in one. Amelia seemed to know that and squeezed my hand occasionally.

"I'm really glad you agreed to come." I said quietly as we pulled up at a traffic light. It had only just turned red and I had a feeling it would take forever to change.

Amelia turned her head towards me. Her hand swept her hair from her face and she smiled at me.

"Me too. I'm glad you wanted me to."

"I couldn't think of anyone i'd want here more." I mumbled. I froze after I said it. It was cheesy. I didn't know what was happening to me. Every time I was around her I sprouted cheesy lines that would usually make me cringe. She laughed slightly.

"Stop turning soft on me Richards."

"Sorry, I can't help it. You bring out the cheese-ball in me." I said. I shifted gear as the light turned green again. The roads were surprisingly empty. We were lucky in the fact that there hadn't been any accidents on any of the motorways so far. My Mum lived a few hours away, but I knew it would be worth the drive.

Plus I got to spend a few hours alone with Amelia.

She still didn't know about our plan to help her. We were planning to keep it a secret since that way Gilbert was less likely to find out about it. I was just hoping he didn't get there before we were ready. The plan was commencing in a few days. That way I could get meeting my Mum out of the way first.

"What turning is it?" I asked Amelia as we came to a junction. She picked up my phone from her lap to look at the map.

"Turn left here then the second right is her road." Amelia directed and I nodded. Once we reached the second right I slowed down.

"Number 84 right?" I asked Amelia to double check and she nodded.

"Yep, 84."

"Okay." I mumbled. We drove past loads of houses and didn't stop until we got to the end of the road. I parked in front of number 84 and stopped the car. I didn't get out straight away though. Amelia grabbed the hand that was resting on my lap. She brought it to her lips and kissed my knuckles gently.