Chapter One - Where It All Began

"Are you ready Y/n?"
"Of course I'm ready Draco, why wouldn't I be?"
"Well you look nervous, plus, you're always antsy about every little thing. Also, you've been looking forward to going to Hogwarts since forever."
"Not forever Draco, and I'm not antsy."
"Now, now kids. Stop bickering." Narcissa interrupts our bickering.
"Yes mother."
"Sorry Aunt Narcissa." She's not my real aunt, but we're close enough to consider each other as family. I look over to my father who stands next to Lucius. They both have neutral expressions before my father falters and breaks out into a smile while patting Lucius on the shoulder.
"Isn't this great Luce? Both of our children are going to Hogwarts together!" My father exclaims.
"Yes, yes. Now, didn't I tell you to stop calling me Luce? But, it is quite nostalgic that our children are going to Hogwarts together."
"Ahhh, remember the old times, when the three of us were once here together for the first time?"
"Those ever-so pleasant memories are always treasured in my heart."
"What?! Luce has a heart?! Oh my gosh! Who are you and what have you done to my best friend?!" Lucius hits my father on the back of his head with his cane.
"Silence you babbling baboon!" Narcissa lets out a quiet chuckle.
"Those two haven't changed since childhood, and who knows, maybe Draco and Y/n will get married like me and Lucius did." Narcissa mutters under her breath, low enough for no one else to hear, but I heard.
"What?! Me and Draco?! No way! He's like a ferret, and if I get married to him I'll probably turn into one!!" Draco places the back of his hand against his forehead and leans back and lets out a fake sob.
"Oh you wound me!" Crying out in fake pain he leans back even further putting his weight onto me, which leaves me trying to push him off of me.
"Get off me you sack of potatoes!"
"Potatoes? That's a new one. But nope, sorry, no can do princess you're just going to have to deal with me leaning on you."
"Ughhhh, this is why I would never marry him." I manage to spit out.

Out of the corner of my eye I see a family I had never seen before, which I find strange considering I know most of the wizarding families. The family consisted of a tall boy with chocolate brown skin and hair, next to him were two girls, one with short spinach green hair cut into a bob cut with glasses, the other with even shorter orange hair with an antenna sticking up. On the other side of them are two boys around the same height, one of them has a ......questionable hair style and lastly, a boy with white hair that could rival the cold snow in the winter. The boy with white hair is pretty, or maybe it's just his eyes I find pretty. They're a lovely shade of blue. Draco notices that I have gone quiet and looks over to the direction I was looking at and almost immediately scrunches his face in disgust.

"Why are you staring at those disgusting mudbloods?" Ah, so that's why I didn't recognize them. They're mudbloods.
"Well, if you must know Draco, they just so happened to catch my eye, got a problem with that?" I reply.
"Yes, I actually do."
"Draco...why?"
"Because they're mudbloods for Merlin's sake!"
"It's just looking, how is that harming anyone. Plus, it's not like I was actually gonna approach them." Suddenly, the train lets out a sound, signaling that the train would leave soon. Draco quickly gets off of me.
"Ugh finally, sweet freedom!"
"Oh shut it you moron."
"As if, ferret!"
"Now kids, stop fighting. You have to leave with your trunks now." Narcissa says stepping in front of Draco to stop him from lunging at me.
"Ok aunt Narcissa." She should've definitely let Draco lunge at me though, I could beat him in a fight any day. My father comes up to me and wraps me in a tight embrace.
"You'll be alright sweetheart, no matter what house you are put in, I'll always be proud of you, as long as you give everything your best." He whispers to me. I can feel my eyes sting as they start to tear up.
"Thanks dad..." I mutter out while choking back some tears.
"Don't tell me the princess is crying?"
"Shut up Draco!!"
"There's nothing to be embarrassed about dear, it's completely normal that you would be a bit anxious about leaving your father." Narcissa tries to comfort me.
"You're not helpinggggg!!!" Lucius lets out a chuckle.
"Did Lucius Malfoy just chuckle?!" My father exclaims.
"Hush now Adam, now is no time to be discussing this, our children have to go." Lucius replies.
"Bye Dad, I'll miss you, I'll be sure to send lots of letters!" I tell my father.
"I guess I'll send you guys letters, too." Draco says to his parents. I quickly elbow him in the ribs.
"Ow! Fine, I'll send you guys lots of letters!"
"You better." I glare at him.
"You kids head off now. Wouldn't want to miss the train would you now?" My father tells us gently.
"Yep! We'll see you guys on the holidays!" I give them one last hug then run off with Draco to the train.
"Come on! We need to find a compartment."
"Maybe Pansy and Blaise are already on and have a compartment that we could share." I tell him as we step on. We start walking down the hallway looking for empty compartments until we hear a familiar voice call out to us.
"Drakie poo! N/n (nickname)! Over here guys!" We turn our heads and see Pansy and Blaise waving over at us from a compartment.
"Hey guys! It's so great to see you two again!" Pansy throws herself into my arms and spins me around in the air.
"Ohhh! I've missed you so much Y/n it's been ages since I've last seen you!" I hear someone clearing their throats behind Pansy. I look over her shoulder and see Crabbe and Goyle.
"Crabbe! Goyle! Sorry I didn't see you guys there, it's wonderful to see you two as well!" The two boys offer me a small smile as we all sit down.
"Are you guys excited? We're finally going to the school of our dreams." Blaise says.
"I'm excited!" Me and Draco say in usion, he quickly shoots a sharp glare towards me while the others laugh.
"Well, it seems like we're all excited about Hogwarts. Sadly, it'll be a while until we get there, so why don't we play a game of Snap to pass the time?"

Time Skip

We were now riding on boats and I couldn't get my eyes off the scenery before me. It seemed as if I was in a dream I would never want to wake up from... Unfortunately for me, Draco just wouldn't shut up about "Saint Potter". Honestly, even though Potter was popular, Draco just wouldn't stop going on and on about how he was so much better than him, and he's ruining the scenery for me.
"Draco Lucius Malfoy! If you don't shut your bloody mouth in 3 seconds, I will throw you off this boat!!"
"Calm down, no need to get your pants in a bunch princess."
"Would you stop with that stupid nickname?!"
"Nope, never."
"You're an arse."
"Watch your language, dear."
"You sound like your mother."
"Yep. I'm never calling you that again."
"Thank Merlin." After at least another 15 minutes of Draco ranting about Potter we finally arrive at the docks.
"Alr' kids, careful getting off the boats, the docks can be a bit slippery." The oaf Hagrid, as Draco calls him, warns us. Draco steps off first with me following shortly behind him. I loose footing on the slippery ground and slip over. I feel Draco's arms wrap around me stopping me from falling.
"You clearly don't listen to instructions, do you moron?" He asks while helping me stand up straight.
"Shut it. I do listen to instructions, it's just slippery here."
"Mhm, sureeee..." I scoff at him and follow Hagrid and the others to the doors of Hogwarts. It was absolutely breathtaking. The school was so huge, I can't believe I'm finally going here. We enter the school and go up a staircase, we stop on a level and hear tapping on the rail. Everyone quickly snaps their heads up and we see a, what I assume to be a professor at the top of the staircase.
"Welcome to Hogwarts. I am Professor McGonagall. Now, in a few moments, you will pass through these doors and join your classmates. But before you can take your seats, you must be sorted into your houses. They are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. Now while you're here, your house will be like your family. Your triumphs will earn you house points. Any rule breaking, and you will lose points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the house cup." Professor McGonagall, huh, she seems ok. Suddenly there is a croaking at McGonagall's feet.
"Trevor!" An anxious looking boy exclaims as he rushes to get his pet toad back. Draco scoffs and speaks,
"Who even has toads for pets nowadays!"
"Draco, I am THIS close to using an unforgivable curse on you!"
"The sorting ceremony will begin shortly." McGonagall says then walks off. Suddenly, we spot Harry Potter, or as Draco likes to say; "Saint Potter". I see a faintly small blush appear on his cheeks but they quickly vanish as they arrive, acting as if they were just an illusion. So I decided not to mention it for now
"So it's true then, what they were saying on the train, Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts."
Draco then steps closer to Potter, stopping in front of him and starts to introduce himself
"The name's Draco, Draco Malfoy." Suddenly, a Weasley snorts, upon closer inspection, I recognize him as Ronald Weasley. When Draco heard his slight laughter, he immediately turned to him.
"Think my name's funny, do you? No need to ask yours, Red hair and a hand me down robe?! You must be a Weasley." I let out a low chuckle, I hope no one heard me. After Draco's snide comment, the orange haired girl back at the station goes in front of Weasley and starts telling Draco to stop.
"Hey! Stop saying those things about him. You don't even know him so what gives you the right to say anything mean about him!" The orange haired girl cries out.
"Oh, it's you, the ginger in the train," I say. "You know, you really shouldn't be eavesdropping on conversations. Didn't your mother teach you any manners?"
"I don't have a mother..." The antenna girl mutters out with a sudden fallen look.
"Well, that isn't our problem now is it? Come Draco, we shouldn't waste our time on these mudbloods and blood traitors." I say as I go towards the location we're being guided to. Everyone else starts to walk towards where we're being guided to, while we're walking I overhear a bit of the ginger antenna talking to two others.
"Don't worry Emma! I'm sure she's just in a bad mood." I'm not.
"She probably didn't mean it." I did mean it.
"Yeah, probably...Ow! Ray!! What was that for!!??" I overhear the girl whose name is supposedly called "Emma" say.
"That was for you to stop sulking, besides, I thought I was the emo one here." The boy who's talking right now must be the one with the unusual haircut. So then the other voice that was saying that I must've been in a bad mood was the albino.
"Was it really necessary to hit her with your book? You could've done it more gently."
"Yeah! What Norman said!! Hmph!" The ginger pouts.

"Well this is going to be an interesting year"
Chapter One End