Chapter Fifty-Three - Stranger's Advice

Ray's Pov

     I'm in the Ravenclaw common room with Norman and I have questions racing through my head, questions which I will probably never get the answer to. What the actual fuck was Emma on about? Why would Y/n want us to ignore her? Or even avoid her? She hates when people don't pay attention to her, so why would she want us to not pay attention to her? I have considered the fact that Emma may be playing a prank on me, but she told everyone, including Norman, and she would never lie to him, considering she's in love with him and all.

     I would go up and approach Y/n to see if Emma is telling the truth, but based on interactions from the past couple of weeks, I don't think that it would necessarily end well. It would end with me having more questions than I did at the start, and a pissed off Y/n.

     "Ray? Is everything alright?" Norman asks as he sees my distressed state.

     "Norman," He raises his eyebrow, as if questioning what I'm gonna say next. "You have a humongous forehead. You'd think with all that forehead you would have a bigger brain and you'd know whether or not I'm alright or not."

     "Excuse me?" Norman looks taken aback at my response to him. He tries moving his hair over his forehead and I let out a small sigh.

     "Sorry. I shouldn't have taken my frustration out on you like that. It was wrong of me, and I shouldn't have said what I said... even if it is true." I grumble the last bit so he doesn't hear me and gets offended.

     "It's fine Ray, I get that you're frustrated," I scoff and kick the ground at his statement. "I'm pretty sure we all are a bit frustrated about Y/n's current behavior. But we do have to trust her, if she wants us to avoid her, then we should do that. It's probably for the best if Y/n wants us to do it." As much as I don't want to admit it, he's right. I have to learn to trust her decisions, even if they're so stupid sometimes.

     "Alright... I guess you're right Norman. For once you've actually said something somewhat smart." He just ignores the last comment and continues talking.

     "Trust her a bit more, alright? She'll be fine." Word after word he continues on about his little rant about how I shouldn't be worried about her. My brain feels like jelly trying to keep up with him. It's not that I don't want to believe what he's saying is true, it's just that I'm tired and can't process things.

     I drone out what Norman is saying. I try to focus on more of what Y/n is going through. I don't think any child who goes through what she may be going through would isolate herself the way she is.

     "I'm more mature than you guys." A sentence from a conversation Y/n and I had once runs through my mind.

     "I'm gonna go to my dorm." I interrupt Norman while standing up. I hear his complaints from behind me as I walk out and head to my dorm. I feel dizzy and I need to rest for a bit, so I'm gonna go to sleep probably.

Y/n's Pov

     I'm laying down on my bed and pick up a journal from my bedside table. It was a gift from one of my house elves. It was a special journal, there was a second journal as they came in a pair. Someone else has the other journal, we don't know where it is though. Someone else has bought it. Apparently if you write in these journals, whoever has the other one can respond to it and see what you wrote. It sounds a lot like that message app on phones. I might as well give it a try, I've had it for almost a year now and I haven't used it. Plus, I need to rant. I sit at the next desk across from my bed and take out a quill and some ink.

Hello. I write down. Hopefully the other person sees it.

Hello. Oh wow, someone actually responded