Chapter Twenty - Weird Professor and a Crush

I'm now headed to Defense Against the Dark Arts with Draco and the others. We got a new professor considering that the old one died. I also promised that I would tell Susan who my crush is after class in the courtyard. The new Professor was called; Gilderoy Lockhart,.....and for some reason, most of the girls my age and slightly above were crazy for him. I don't get the big deal about him, sure he did a lot of cool things, but he's ugly as hell, and too self centered. He has so many photos of himself and he brags too much about himself. I look over at Susan who is sitting next to Granger and they both have hearts in their eyes. Lockhart starts handing out a quiz that we have to do. I look at the questions and...

     "What are these questions?" Draco voices my thoughts in a hushed voice.

     "What is Gilderoy Lockhart's favorite color? What is Gilderoy Lockhart's biggest ambition?" I read the questions out loud.

     "You have thirty minutes! Begin...now!"

     After the thirty minutes are up he comes around and collects the quizzes.

     "Tsk, tsk. Barely any of you remembered that my favorite color is lilac. But Miss Granger knew that my biggest ambition is to rid the world of evil. Good girl." I roll my eyes as I look over to her, she looks like...what was the term Norman taught me? Oh! A love sick puppy! That's what she looks like! I facepalm at her, just as Ray does the same, making it seem like we were in sync. He glares over at me, I look at him in confusion.

     "What?" I ask. He just glares at me and looks away. Weird. As the lesson goes on, his attention suddenly lands on me. It's weird, but I'm just going to ignore it for now.

Time skip

      It was now the end of DADA and I was on my way to the library's restricted section when Emma suddenly catches up to me with that sister of hers.

     "Ugh, what do you want now, Antenna Emma?" I say with annoyance as I stop walking to look at the Gryffindor and Hufflepuff duo.

     "I want to be friends."

     "Are you deaf, or just stupid? I already told you last year, I'm not interested," I sigh before continuing; "You'll only get hurt." I try to walk away, but she just grabs my hand, insisting on being my friend.

     "I'm not going to give up until you agree to be my friend!"

     "Ugh! Fine, but don't expect that I will stop being rude to you, am I understood?" She nods her head excitedly, I then glance at her sister asking;

    "What about you, why are you here?"

     "Oh, Emma just dragged me here."

     "Well, since the both of you are already here, wanna join me in the library? I heard some students talking about a surprise quiz and I don't feel like failing it. So what do you say, interested?" I ask.

     "Yes! Yes please! You're one of the smartest people I know and I really need help! Plus, you have access to extra books!" Emma exclaims.

     We've been in the library for about half an hour and then I remember that I need to talk to Susan about my crush.

     "Sorry guys, but I just remembered I have to go meet up with someone." I excuse myself and stand up.

     "Alright! See you later L/n!" I nod at Emma and walk out of the library to the courtyard. I walk to the courtyard and accidently bump into Ray.

     "Watch where you're going L/n!"
     "Yeah yeah, whatever..."

     I finally reach the courtyard where Susan is waiting for me. I quickly rush over to where she is sitting on a bench.

     "Hey Susan, sorry I was late, I was studying for a surprise quiz."

     "It's fine, don't worry about it. Besides, we have more important things to discuss."

     "Like what?"

     "Your crush!"

     "Oh yeah..."

     "Well, go on! Who is it?" I take a deep breath preparing myself to say who it is.

"It's Norman."

Chapter Twenty End