Chapter Forty-Three - Rumors and Dance Practice

It's the next morning and I'm headed to the Great Hall with Draco. We enter and I sit down next to Pansy and Draco sits on my other side, Leo and Ray are sitting across from me. Draco picks up a copy of the Daily Prophet and I can hear him start to choke when he looks at the cover.

     "Are you ok Draco?" I ask him in slight concern. He slams the paper down to the table, catching people's attention, he doesn't seem to care as he starts to march out the hall. I go after him, wanting to know what he was so upset about. I see Ray and the others go to look at the paper right as I leave to find him.

     "Draco! Hey! Draco! What's wrong? What happened? Did they say something about your family, or you?" I question him as I try to catch up with his pace.

     "Just leave me alone! It's bad enough that it's on the Daily Prophet!" He shouts back.

     "What is?!"
     "You and Pottah!" I stop walking to think about what he said and he turns around to face me with an angry and hurt expression.

     "What about me and Potter?" I ask him in confusion.

     "The both of you are on the Daily Prophet with the head line saying that you're his lover!" I blink in confusion.

     "I'm sorry what? Me and him? Funny joke Draco." I snort.

     "It's not a joke!" He looks like he is about to cry.

     "Draco, I would never do that to you! I don't even like him like that! We would never get together!"

     "Promise?" I smile and nod my head.

     "Promise. Besides, I barely like him as a person so there is no way I would date him." He chuckles and I smile. I walk over to him and hug him, he hugs me back and rests his chin on my shoulder. I hear a click and I look around and see nothing. Deciding to shrug it off we head back to the Great Hall.

     When we come back to the Great Hall and sit back down. Our friends all look at us and we just look back. Someone slams the Daily Prophet in front of me and I shriek. I look behind me to see Potter.

     "Yes?" I ask him.

     "Have you seen the head line?" He hisses.

     "No, but I have now." I reply looking at the paper.

     "It's bad enough that we're on there, but look below it." Potter complains. I look to where he was complaining and see the image of him and Granger hugging. It was the one that was taken in the tent. The head line for that was, "Harry Potter is a cheating scum?" I look below and read out the text.

     "Miss Granger, a plain but ambitious girl, seems to be developing a taste for famous wizards. Her latest prey sources report is none other than the Bulgarian bon-bon Viktor Krum. No word yet on how Harry Potter's taking this latest emotional blow. Not only has Harry Potter been seen with Miss Granger, but he has also been seen with Y/n L/n, it must be heartbreaking for the poor girl to see her boyfriend with some other girl." I stay silent after I read the article in horror. Pansy, Blaise, Ray, and Leo all look at me as I just stare at the paper. Eventually I turn around and give it to Potter.

     "Burn it," I demand, shoving it on his chest. "Actually, just burn her office! She doesn't deserve her job! This is fake news!" I cry while he nods and walks back to his table.

     All the Slytherins are seated in an assembly room. Snape is explaining to the Yule Ball.

     "The Yule Ball has been a tradition of the tri-wizard tournament since its inception. On Christmas eve night we and our guests gather in the great hall for well mannered frivolity. As representatives of the host school I expect each and every one of you to put your best foot forward, and I mean this literally because the Yule Ball is first and foremost... a dance." Some of the girls seem excited while the boys groan.