Chapter Seven - Letters From Home

Ray's Pov

     "Wait, she said that?" I say in disbelief as Emma tells me about her attempt to talk to L/n. She nods and looks down sadly.

     "Maybe she's just in a bad mood again?" Emma tries to reassure herself. I  nod to try and give her comfort. Why was L/n being so rude? She was being nice to me and Norman earlier, so why was she being rude to Emma? Maybe it's because Malfoy and her other Slytherin friends were there when Emma asked her. It's the end of the day and we're waiting for Norman to finish his class. Norman walks up to us with a smile on his face.

     "Hi guys! You can go on without me, I'm headed to the library to help Y/n with her Astronomy homework. I'll join you guys in the Great Hall soon." Emma's face falls a bit as he tells us this.

     "Ok, have fun." Norman smiles and waves goodbye as he walks off. Emma looks even more upset when Norman walks off.

     "Come on. Let's head to the Great Hall." I say and we start walking off to the Great Hall.

     When we reach the Great Hall we sit at the Gryffindor table. The Hall is full of lively chatter from everyone. Emma and I sit near Harry, Ron and Hermione. We all sit in silence while eating and doing our homework. When I am reading an owl comes to me, the owl is a pretty shade of brown with some white and black streaks on its wings. It has piercing golden eyes and a long, sharp beak. I look up and see a roll of paper around its leg. I reach and untie the letter and the owl flies off. I open the letter and I see it's from my mother, Isabella.

Dear Ray,

Congratulations on getting into Slytherin. Give my congratulations to Emma and Norman as well. I hope that you are making new friends and that your classes are going well, and that you're having fun.

     I sigh as Emma looks over my shoulder asking;

     "Who's that from?"

     "It's from Mom." I reply.

     "Really? Let me see!" She snatches the letter out of my hand and starts reading it.

     "You should reply to the letter telling her about L/n." Emma tells me when she's done reading. She hands the letter back to me.

     "Why would I do that?"

     "Because."

     "Write that in a letter yourself."

     "Hmph! Fine! I will do that!" Emma takes a piece of parchment and starts writing furiously on it. She looks angry as she writes the letter. Can't really blame her though, L/n has been an asshole to her. You can see how upset she is while she's writing the letter. I go back to reading the letter while she is writing.

Things around here have been the same, kind of. Jemima really misses you. Anna can't stop talking about how she wants to go to Hogwarts and see you. Don and Gilda are really excited to go to Hogwarts next year, they're hoping that they get in the same house as you guys. I hope that you are having no problems with people or bullying.

I love you lots - Mom.

     "Ray! I've finished writing! Read it!" Emma shoves the letter that she wrote in front of my face. I sigh and take it out of her hands and start reading it.

Dear mom,

Hi! How are you? I'm doing quite well myself, I've made new friends and I'm enjoying classes. But there has been a thorn growing on my side and her name is Y/n L/n! She has been rude to me since day one! She made fun of me for not having a biological mother, and today she rudely said that she didn't want my friendship and she's also stealing Norman away from us!! Not to mention, she's only being nice to Norman so far!! I don't know why she is even being nice to Norman, it's not that I'm saying she shouldn't be nice to him, but why is she only being nice to him and not us? It's like she's doing everything she can to get Norman to stay away from us. She's sooo annoying, I feel especially bad for Ray considering that he is in the same house as her. The thing is, she was a bit nice to Ray but she's been super mean to me, she hasn't said even one thing nice to me the whole time. She's a bully as well, she bullies some other people in our year. L/n is friends with some other bullies in our year, they're also in Ray's house. I don't know how anyone can stand to be her friend, she's rude and arrogant.. Also yes, I was mad when writing this letter. Anyways, I love you mom! -Emma