Chapter Thirty-Four - Cats and Eavesdropping

Norman's Pov

Before they returned to Hogwarts.

      We're in Honeydukes looking for Ray and we can't find him anywhere. Malfoy suddenly yells from across the room.

     "Wait a minute, where's Y/n?!" Emma and I look at each other and we realize that we haven't seen Y/n anywhere. So now there was a missing Y/n and a missing Ray. That's strange... Malfoy comes over to us and asks if we have seen Y/n. Emma and I shake our heads and he sighs. Emma suddenly perks her head up, as if saying she just got an idea.

     "Hey, what if they went outside? Maybe we could split up and find them?" Malfoy and I nod and we split up.

     After a bit of walking I come across a pet store. I decide to look inside since Y/n mentioned something about her liking animals so I go in to see if she's in there. When I get inside I hear a bunch of meowing and squeaking from all around the store. I walk around the store and a certain cat catches my eyes. We have a mini staring contest with each other before I realize.

     "Y/n would love you." I tell the cat before reaching into the cage and picking it up. The cat struggles against my arms then settles down as I bring him up to the counter.

     "How much for this one?" I ask the person behind the counter.

     "He is twenty galleons." That's surprising, I thought it would be more. I give the bag of galleons over to him. I walk out of the store and hide him behind my back so that Emma doesn't see him and want a cat as well.

At Hogwarts

     I walk through the halls of Hogwarts to try and find Y/n and give her the cat. I eventually see Emma hugging Y/n and Y/n trying to escape from her.

     "For the last time Emma, let me go! I despise this affection!" I hear Y/n yell as I get closer to the both of them. I chuckle and they both look up at me.

     "What's going on?" I ask them.

     "Y/n won't admit she likes being hugged!" Emma shouts and pulls Y/n closer.

     "I don't like being hugged! Honestly, you're even worse than Draco when he found out I cried about a story that was about how a dog waited for their owner to come back, only to die waiting!" Y/n exclaims as she tries to struggle out of Emma's grip. Emma looks down at her with a sad look.

     "You cried about that?" She whispers in a meek voice.

     "Yeah, I did. Now what are you- ugh!" Emma starts sobbing and pulls Y/n even closer to her if that is possible. Y/n looks like she is turning purple.

     "Emma, you might want to let go of Y/n. I think she is suffocating." I inform her. She looks down at her and gasps and quickly lets go of her. Y/n immediately starts breathing heavily and crouches down to get some air back in her system. She glares at Emma in the process.

     "Remind me to never let you hug me like that ever again. Unless I somehow change my personality." Emma just smiles sheepishly and rubs her neck.

     "Aha, sorry about that Y/n..." Y/n just huffs and looks away from her. Y/n glances at me and then my arms.

     "What's behind you?" She questions me as she stands up properly. I sigh and smile at her. I show her the cat that I got earlier at Hogsmeade. Emma and Y/n both gasp at the sight of the cat and Y/n runs up to hug him.

     "He's so cute!" She cheers while holding him to her chest.

     "That's the one time you hug someone?! He's not even human and you're still hugging him but you won't hug a person!" Emma shouts. Y/n nods and goes back to paying attention to the cat.