Chapter Forty-Five - The Golden Egg's Secret

I'm on the bridge looking out with Potter and Granger, talking about the next task.

     "Harry, you told me you'd figured the egg out weeks ago. The task is two days from now. And you haven't done it either L/n!" Granger scolds us. I just shrug and Potter sweat drops.

     "Really? I had no idea. I suppose Viktor has gotten it all figured out." Potter retorts sarcastically.

     "I wouldn't know, we didn't actually talk about the tournament. Actually we didn't really talk at all, Viktor's more of a physical being. I just mean he's not particularly... mostly he watches me study. It's a bit annoying actually. You two are trying to figure this egg out aren't you?"

     "What do you mean?" Potter asks.

     "I mean these tasks are supposed to test you, in the most brutal way they're almost cruel. And um, I'm scared for you guys. You two got by the dragon mostly on the nerve, I'm not sure it's going to be enough this time." Granger explains.

     "Hey Potter, L/n." Cedric greets as he approaches us.

     "Cedric." Potter and I respond in usion.

     "Listen, I never got to properly thank you both for tipping me off about the dragons."

     "Don't mention it." I mumble.

     "It's no problem, can't let a fellow Hogwarts student fail a big thing." Potter says as I nod.

     "I probably would've failed if it wasn't for you two. So I want to pay you back." He tells us. Why do I suddenly feel tension here? I think as I cross my arms.

     "How do you want to pay us back?" I ask, suspicious of his intentions.

     "Oh, I was just going to offer you some access to the prefects bathroom." That doesn't sound too bad.

     "I'm a boy and she's a girl though." Potter reminds him.

     "Well, you will have to ask one of the female prefects for access, tell her I approved."

     "Why are you even giving us access?" I question curiously.

     "As I said, to pay you back."

     "That's not just it. Is it?" Potter asks.

     "It has to do with the second task. When you go, bring your egg with you." We nod and he walks off.

     "Do you just want to sneak into the boys bathroom?" Potter turns to me as Cedric walks away.

     "Yeah, seems a lot easier than asking the prefects who hate me."

     "Welp, good luck I guess." Potter says to me in an uncertain voice.

     "I'm just going to follow you into the boys bathroom." I tell him.

     "Uh- what-"

     "Relax! I'm not going to do anything! Get your mind out of the gutter!" He looks embarrassedly to the floor and nods.

     "For the thing Cedric said, right?"

     "What else would it be for? Moron."

     "Sorry..."

     Potter and I are underneath his invisibility cloak while trying to sneak into the prefects bathroom. We snuck out of our dorms and met at the library to go there together. We stop outside of the bathroom and he takes the cloak off himself and says the password. We quickly rush in and I take the cloak off once the door closes behind us. I look away when he takes off his clothes and head over to where I can't accidentally see him. He makes the bath fill with bubbles so we can't see each other when we go in.