Chapter Fifteen - Flying Keys and Wizard Chess

We finally reach the front of the Gryffindor dorms. Norman is waiting there by the time we reach there.

"What are we doing here?" I ask them.

"Waiting for the others." Ray replies. The others soon step out.

"Come on! We have to hurry!" Potter says. They start running and we follow them down the corridors. We finally reach a door and Granger casts Alohomora on a locked door. The door opens and reveals a sleeping three-headed dog.

"What is that?" I ask Norman worriedly.

"That...is Fluffy." He informs me. Fluffy? I thought that Fluffy would be a small dog!

"Come on. We have to get through the trap door." Granger tells us. We move the paw off of the trap door and Fluffy wakes up.

"Oh crap..." Emma mutters.

"Jump!" Hermione shouts. We all jump down through the trapdoor and land in some squishy vine things.

"Ewww, what is this?" Weasley cries.

"Stop moving, both of you. This is Devil's Snare. You have to relax. If you don't, it will only kill you faster." Granger tries to reassure Weasley.

"Kill us faster?! Oh that makes me relax!" I decide to listen to Granger's advice, she is one of the smartest people in the school. I quickly get sucked down and fall. I land on a hard surface.

"Owww..." Granger lands next to me on her back. The others soon follow shortly landing next to us. Unfortunately, Weasley was stressing out and Grange was trying to remember the spell that the Devil's Snare was weak to. I decide to help since I don't feel like being responsible for anyone's death so I cast it just as Granger recalled what the spell was. Weasley quickly falls through and lands on his butt.

"You're welcome." I tell him. He nods at me shocked. We then move on and we end up in a room filled with flying keys. Harry tries to open the door but it was locked, he even tried using Alohomora, and it still wouldn't open.

"Well, I guess we should head back." I go to walk off but Norman grabs my arm and pulls me back.

"Ack-! What was that for?!" I whisper yell, just in case there were teachers around.

"You're not leaving us."

"Oh come on! What are we even supposed to do here? Get one of the flying keys to open the door?" I question, later regretting my words.

"Oh look! There's a broom over there!" Emma exclaims running over to it. But as she touches the broom, the keys start going over to her so she quickly lets go. I sigh saying;

"Well Potter, this is your plan, care to do the honors?" I say, motioning my hands towards the broom. He walks over to the broom and hops on it. The keys start swarming him, but despite that, he flies around, trying to look for the right key.

"The one that looks battered! Go for that one!" Me and Granger yell at him. He starts flying after it and he grabs it.

"Quickly!" We all rush for the door as Granger unlocks it. We get on the other side right as all the keys crash against the door.

After a bit more walking we reach a dark room that smells of dust and rubble. I look around and there are a bunch of Wizard's chess pieces.

"I don't like this, I don't like this at all." Granger mumbles.

"Where are we? A graveyard?" Weasley asks.

"It's an actual chessboard..." I mutter to them. We all look at each other with dread.

"Can I go back now?" I ask them.

"NO!" Norman yells

"Ok ok! Geez! Calm down!" I say moving my hands up and down, as if trying to push his anger down. We try to get past the pieces but the two pawns stop us. Ray notices something and points it out.

"Wait a minute, where are the other pieces?"

"Don't tell me..."

"We're the pieces." Norman confirms my fear.

"Well then, we're going to have to win if we're going to get past this room." Weasley says, going to a knight's piece that doesn't have a person riding the horse.

"We're going to die...I'm going to die..." I start spiraling.

"My Father is going to be devastated, Mother is going to be soooo disappointed, Pansy's gonna-" Before I could continue, Ray grabs me by the shoulders and starts shaking me.

"You're going to be fine! We are all going to be fine! We won't be fine though if you don't snap out of this and help us!"

"That's easy for you to say! I'm not even good at playing Wizard's Chess! I don't even remember how to play!"

"Not true! You helped me win against Ron on the holidays!" Potter reminds me.

"Yeah, you made a risky move and you still won, that was totally cheating on Harry's part though." Weasley agrees.

"Hey!" Potter scoffs, offended.

"It wasn't that great of a move, it was rather obvious." I argue, Ray still has his hands on my shoulders.

"It wasn't obvious! Neither of us noticed that!" Weasley shouts. Emma then grabs my attention by removing Ray's hands from my shoulders and holding my hands in her's.

"Let go, Antenna Emma." I tell her in a flat tone.

"Antenna Emma?! You know what- doesn't matter. Look, I know that you're scared, and that you probably just wanted a normal year, but we have to do this. Because, what if you were right? That Snape is innocent, but you can't prove that if you don't help us. So please... For the sake of the future of Hogwarts?" I think over what she had just said and sigh.

"Fine, I'll help, but you owe me." She smiles at me and lets go of my hands.

After a while of playing and pieces being destroyed, Weasley was now trying to sacrifice himself, which I was not gonna let happen on my watch. So before he could say anything, I yell;

"Rook to H-3!" I then move to the place on the chess board as everyone yells at me to stop. I feel something hit the side of my head and everything goes black.

I hope they manage to stop whatever is going after the stone...

Chapter Fifteen End