Chapter Forty-Four - The Yule Ball

I'm in the dorms changing into my dress.

I look in the mirror and fix my hair. Pansy comes out in her dress.

     "Pansy! You look great!" I tell her as she

     "Thanks, so do you! Do you think Blaise will like this?" She asks me nervously as she fiddles with her fingers.

     "Of course he will. Now let's go down, we don't want to keep him waiting." I tease while grabbing her arm and dragging her down.

     "Hey Pansy... wow..." Blaise greets her, starstruck. I smile at them and head over to Draco.

     "You look dashing." I tease him.

     "And you look beautiful." He replies. I giggle and turn around when I hear someone clear their throat behind me. It's Ray and the trouble-making duo.

     "Oh hey guys!" I say. The duo go behind and drag Draco somewhere with the excuse "he's helping us with some potion tips".

     "Oh... ok? Hey, Ray." I turn to look at him. Oh wow he looks amazing. I've never seen him in a suit before... but wow.

     "You look... decent for once!" I say flusteredly while looking away from him. I don't think I can admit how I think he actually looks without my whole face turning red and my knees giving out. He chuckles at my compliment.

     "Thank you dove. You look absolutely stunning. Drop-dead gorgeous."

     "Oh please, you're too much!" I laugh, still looking away. My face is slowly heating up more.

     "Just stating the facts sweetheart." He takes my hand and brings it up to his lips. He places a soft kiss on it and smiles at me.

     "The proper way to greet a princess." I smile and we head over to the others.

     "Come on guys, let's head to the hall."

     Draco and I are outside the Great Hall with the other champions waiting for them to tell us we can go in. The champions have to walk down an aisle with our partners and have the first dance. I hug my arms, nervous, I was never one to want attention, especially from a crowd. Draco places his hand on my arm to try and calm me. The doors open and everyone links arms with their partners and start walking in. I take a deep breath and look forward as we walk in. Draco turns his head and smiles at me reassuringly and I smile back. I keep my head high just like my mother taught me, who knew it could come in handy. We all reach the middle and Draco places his hand on my waist and the music starts.

Ray's Pov

     I watch as Malfoy and Y/n dance around. Draco has his right hand on her waist and she has her right hand on his shoulder. Their other hands are interlocked and he twirls her and pulls her back. They're so close together. Omg snap out of it Ray! They're just best friends and Malfoy likes Harry! She isn't even yours! The music of the first song stops and everyone claps. The rest of the people go to dance and I sit down with Harry and Ron, and watch Emma and Norman dance. I see Hermione finish dancing with Viktor and she looks so excited. She smiles towards us and comes to us.