Chapter Three - Transfiguration and Potions

Y/n's Pov

Draco and I head to our first class of the year, Transfiguration. On the way Draco keeps talking about "Saint Potter" and how he will most likely get lost because he heard he was brought up by muggles.

"Honestly Draco, you talk about him so much. If I didn't know any better I would assume you have a crush on him." Draco quickly responds.

"What?! Me?! A crush on Potter?!! That is absolutely absurd!"

"Whatever you say Draco." As we reach the classroom there are already students sitting down writing with a cat at the front sitting on the desk.

"Why is there a cat on McGonagall's desk?" Draco asks. As Draco asks this I quickly realize why and smack Draco on the back of the head.

"You babbling, bumbling baboon! That is Professor McGonagall!" The cat then turns into Professor McGonagall.

"Congratulations Ms. L/n. Five points to Slytherin." After that Professor McGonagall turns back into a cat while me and Draco head to an empty desk.

"How did you know that was Professor McGonagall?" Draco asks me.

"I heard that pets weren't allowed in the classroom, unless instructed by the professor, so that's how I figured it out." I reply. As I finish talking, suddenly Potter, Weasley and the mudbloods rush into the classroom looking as if they had just finished a Quidditch match.

"Whew, we made it. Could you imagine the look on McGonagall's face if we were late?" Weasley exclaims. Emma agrees with Weasley.

"I agree! I'm so glad she isn't here yet!" McGonagall jumps off the desks and transforms when they aren't paying attention.

"Um, guys...you might want to look in front." Norman mutters out.

"Well would you mind explaining why you five are late? Perhaps if I transfigured one of you into a pocket watch it would remind you to be on time."

"We just got lost. That's all." Potter assures her.

"Well then, perhaps a map would be better suited. I trust you don't need one to find your seats. Go sit down." Me and Draco quietly laugh at the unfortunate quintet.

"See, I told you Potter would be late to class." Draco snickers out.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." I chuckle as I give him one galleon.

Time skip to potions class

Professor Snape is our potions teacher. I know Snape personally from him being close with my father and Lucius, also he was Draco's godfather. I have a feeling he's going to target Potter during our lessons. Snape quickly rushed into the room slamming the door behind him.

"There will be no foolish wand waving or silly incantations in this class. As such, I don't expect many of you to appreciate the subtle science and exact art that is potion making. However, for those select few," he looked over to me and Draco and we smiled at him. "Who possess the predisposition, I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory and even put a stopper in death. Then again, maybe some of you have come to Hogwarts in possession of abilities so formidable that you feel confident enough to not...pay...attention." When he finishes his little speech I notice the mudblood, who I've come to know as Hermione Granger, starts nudging Potter. Potter finally looks up at Snape and Snape walks close to him

"Mr. Potter. Our...new...celebrity. Tell me, what would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?" Potter shrugs and Granger raises her hand. "You don't know? Well then let's try again. Where, Mr. Potter, would you look if I asked you to get me a bezoar?"