Chapter Twenty One - Surprises

I'm heading back to the Slytherin dorms after telling Susan who my crush is. She was... shocked to say the least. . . Oh who am I kidding, shocked, what an understatement, she literally froze like someone stopped time for a minute! A whole minute! On my way back to the student dorms, I see Draco bullying Don, which I couldn't stop because that would blow my reputation, and rumors are inevitable in Hogwarts. So I approach Draco, saying;

     "Draco, what are you doing with this... mudblood."

     "Do I really need to explain? He's a mudblood. I don't think you need much more explanation."

     "I...suppose not."

     "Exactly."

     "Just stop Draco, we have to go study. This worthless mudblood isn't worth any of our time." Sorry I can't help you more, Don.

     "Wha- but we don't have-" I cut him off by grabbing his arm and dragging him away.

     "We have a surprise quiz coming up, come on." He pulls his arm out of my grip and walks with me back to the Slytherin dorms. When we reach the dorms I say the password and head in with Draco. On the couch is Ray, he's reading a book about potions. That's good, he needs to learn more about potions, considering that last year he almost blew up the dungeons because he got one ingredient wrong. He looks up as he hears the door open and shut, when he realizes that it's us he goes back to reading his book. Draco glares at him, for some reason, probably because he's muggle born.

Ray's Pov

     It's the next morning and I'm headed to the Quidditch pitch with Emma, Norman, Hermione, Ron, Harry and the Gryffindor team. Oliver is going on about how he has come up with the perfect training schedule and how they will definitely win the cup this year.

     "We will train two times harder- hold on, what's this?" He loses his track of speech when he sees the Slytherin team walking up in their uniform. L/n is at the front next to the captain, she's holding a new broom in her hand.

     "What the- what are you guys doing?" Oliver asks befuddled.

     "We've got a note saying we can use the pitch." The captain of the Slytherin hands over a note to Oliver.

     "Professor Severus Snape gives permission for the Slytherin team to use the Quidditch pitch for the purpose of training their new reserve Seeker..." Oliver reads out the note. When he finishes speaking Malfoy walks to the front and stands next to L/n.

     "That's right, I'm the new reserve Seeker. And as a gift for them letting me on the team I got us all brooms." He shows off his new broom to us.

     "That's a Nimbus 2001, how did you get that?" Ron asks.

     "Well Weasley, some of us actually have money and know what it is."

     "At least no one on the Gryffindor team had to buy their way in, they got in on pure talent. Unlike you." Hermione defends Ron.

     "No one asked for your opinion, you filthy mudblood." Malfoy spits. Hermione looks shocked and hurt, meanwhile L/n is just looking down at the grass.

     "That's it! Eat slugs!" Ron points his broken wand towards Malfoy...but considering it's broken...the spells don't work well. The spell ends up back firing onto him instead.

     "I should probably buy him a new wand." I manage to hear L/n mutter as Ron bends over and starts retching. Ron then throws up a slug and I see L/n shiver and look away  Harry and I then go over to Ron, leading him away, and helping him to Hagrid's hut.

In Hagrid's hut

     By the time we got there, Hagrid gave Ron a bucket to puke the slugs in. Hermione keeps looking away from us and she looks like she's about to cry.

     "What has made you so down, Hermione?" Hagrid asks her. Hermione refuses to answer and looks away from him.

     "Malfoy called her a mudblood." Ron manages to get out between slugs.

     "I've been hearing mudblood alot but I still don't know what it means, so what does it mean?" Harry asks.

     "I heard it means "Dirty Blood"," Norman replies.  "At least that's what Y/n told me." He adds. I roll my eyes at the mention of L/n. Why does he talk to L/n so much?

     "You are correct Norman, it does mean dirty blood." Hagrid says.

     "That's why I'm so upset..." Hermione whispers. Emma looks at her in sympathy and pats her back.

     " 'ey, it ain't that bad 'ermione. Besides, without you muggles, then purebloods would've been extinct by now."

     "Really?" I was shocked.

     " Yup, ya heard me kiddo. The only pure pureblooded people are the Malfoys, the Blacks, and the L/ns." No surprise that one of the families is L/n's family. She acts all arrogant so she's probably proud that she is a pure pureblood.

That night

     It was now nighttime in the Slytherin dorms, and right now, I'm on my way to the library to see what other books they have. While passing by the common room, I see L/n, she looks like she is awake reading something. I look closer and see that she is reading Dork Diaries??? That's surprising. Wait, didn't Norman bring that to Hogwarts this year? He probably brought it for her, but it's still shocking that she's actually reading it. I never thought that she would be the type of person to read those kinds of books. She doesn't notice me as I walk past and look at her, or if she has noticed she hasn't said anything.

     "You know you're going to get detention, right?" I freeze up as I hear her voice. I turn around and she is still reading her book and not looking at me.

     "Why do you care if I get detention?"

     "You're probably gonna lose us house points if you go out."

     "Maybe so, but you'll just get them back anyways."

     "True, but it's hard to keep getting them back when you and other people keep doing stupid stuff that loses those points I get. I work hard for those points, you know, I don't magically convince the professor to give them."

     "Well, maybe if you have the books I need then I won't go out and you don't have to worry about losing points."

     "....what books do you need..." I look at her in shock, I'm shocked about the fact she would actually let me borrow her books.

     "I need books on charms and transfiguration."

     "Go to the table in the corner, I left my books there. Pick out the ones you need, be sure to give them back by tomorrow morning." I go over to the table and take out the books that I need. I was about to go back to the boys dorms before I suddenly asked.

     "Why are you being so nice?"

     "What do you mean?"

     "I mean that you are never usually this nice." She just laughs dryly.

      "I'm only letting you use those books so you don't go out and lose us house points. I'm not doing this to be nice in any way." I smirk as I point out the book she was reading a few minutes ago.

     "Then why were you reading a muggle book that Norman got you a few moments ago?" I ask in a cocky tone.

     "T-That is none of your business!" She softly yells, with a blush rising to her cheeks. She looks kinda cute when she's flustered. I shake my head at the thought.

     "What happens if I tell Malfoy what you were reading?" She snaps her head around to look at me with an angry and worried look.

     "Don't you dare tell him what I was reading!" Her tone sounds like she's worried about something. I sigh as I turn around and head back to the boys dorm.

She's weird

Chapter Twenty One End