Chapter Sixteen - The End of The First Year

I wake up with a killing pain in the side of my head. I groan as I try to get up, only to feel someone gently push me back on the bed.

     "Don't get up. Stay down for a bit." I hear a familiar voice say. I look for the owner of the voice and see Ray.

     "Ray? What are you..?" I try to speak but I am interrupted by him.

     "Making sure you aren't dead after that idiotic sacrifice move. Also Harry is here." I turn my head and sure enough, Potter is awake sitting up on the bed next to me.

     "Hey." Potter waves.

     "Hey Harry." I say, using his first name for the first time.

     "You called me by my first name?"

     "And it's the last time you'll ever hear me call you that, Potter..." A comfortable silence washes over us before I ask Ray.

     "Why are you here?"

     "Didn't I already answer that earlier?"

     "Yes but, you could've just left me here and gone with Emma and Norman or something." He turns away from me, hiding his face.

     "I just wanted to make sure you are ok, considering you got hit pretty hard. Also, Emma and Norman are on their way, they're just being scolded by Professor McGonagall. And I'm pretty sure Parkinson and Malfoy were trying to get answers out of them with whether or not you are ok."

     "Even after I treated you like garbage?"

     "Yes."

     "Wow...just so you know I'm not going to stop treating you like garbage."

     "Wow, and right when I thought we were getting somewhere," I chuckle as I speak. "Maybe one day, when you get on my level."

     "What, you mean a pure blooded prick who is rude to everyone?"

     "No, I meant in spell casting. You're terrible at that. And every other subject."

     "I'm not that bad..."

     "You blew something up in Potions the other day." Ray just glares at me and I giggle. Soon the doors open and Emma and Norman rush in, out of breath.

     "Sorry we're late, Malfoy and Parkinson kept asking questions." Emma explains. I go to sit up again but there is a sharp pain in my back and Ray pushes me back down again.

      "I told you not to get up yet." Ray scolds me in a deadpanned voice.

     "You're not my mother." I'm very thankful he isn't like her either, because if he was, then things would be a little more complicated.

Time Skip

     It's the end of the year feast and I'm seated at the Slytherin table next to Draco. Everyone in The Great Hall is chatting with one another. Dumbledore does some big speech about how we all did so well and he hands out extra points to us for getting the Stone. In the end Slytherin ended up winning The House Cup. The Slytherin table starts cheering and everyone starts eating.

     We're now at the train station about to head on. While I'm about to step on, Norman runs up to me.

     "Y/n!"

     "Yes Snowflake?" He laughs and hugs me.

     "I'm gonna miss you over the holidays. Make sure you write to me, ok Buttercup?" Instead of hugging him back, I gently push him away, because Draco was nearby.

     "Yeah, you too. I hope by next year, you'll have improved in potions."

     "Well then, be prepared for the Astronomy quiz that I'm going to prepare." He chuckles. I nod as I get on the train, he does the same as Ray calls for him to hurry. He waves goodbye to me and I do the same.

I can't wait for next year

Chapter Sixteen End

Act One End