Chapter Thirty-One - Quidditch Match Disaster

Emma's Pov

     As we were on our way back to the Gryffindor dorms, we find a crowd in front of the entrance.

     "What's going on?" I ask.

     "The painting, it's slashed and the lady is gone!" Somebody exclaims. What?! But why would anyone do that?! I wonder. We were then told that we would be sleeping in the Great Hall until it's safe. So here I am, laying on my sleeping mat, trying to sleep. Most of the others have fallen asleep. I hear a soft scream and snickering from the Slytherin side of the Hall. Before I fall asleep I hear Dumbledore and Snape talking, but before I can comprehend what they are saying I fall asleep.

Ray's Pov

     While we're in the Hall trying to sleep Malfoy is next to me constantly poking my sides. It gets to the point where he even pushed my hands to close the book I was reading, not even giving me a chance to remember what page I was on.

     "What in the bloody hell was that for?!" I hiss, because people were trying to sleep.

     "What were you doing last night?"

     "What are you on about? Are you on some drugs?"

     "What are- nevermind, just what were you doing last night?"

     "Nothing, just studying. Why do you even want to know??"

     "Are you sure it was nothing?" He asks with a smirk.

     "Yes! What are you on?!" He reaches for something in his pocket and shows me. It's a picture of me and Y/n? And we're cuddling. I feel heat start to rush to my face.

     "Where did you get that?!"

     "Oh nowhere, just in the common room of our dorms."

     "You burn that right now!"

     "Yeahh no, you're going to have to catch me!" Draco gets up from his mat and starts running carefully around the other students.

     "Get back here you ferret!" I whisper while getting up to follow him. I chase him around for a while before I trip him over and he falls onto his mat. He lets out a soft scream when he falls and I snicker at his misery.

     "Can you two keep it down please? I'm trying to sleep." I hear a voice whisper grumpily. I look over to where the voice came from and see Y/n glaring at us with half closed eyes. She looks so adorable when she is mad and sleepy.

     "Alright your highness." I whisper, trying not to make her any more mad.

     "Simp..." Malfoy mutters under his breath. I kick his arm and lie down on my mat.

The next day

     It was DADA and Snape suddenly walks in instead of Lupin.

     "Turn to page: 394." He says after pulling down a screen.

     "I thought we weren't supposed to study about werewolves for a few more weeks..." Y/n mumbles under her breath. I nod in agreement and stay silent as Snape teaches. In the middle of the lesson, I hear Y/n mutter:

     "I feel like I'm sitting on a big piece of information." I notice her eyes start to droop and she leans on my side. Heat rushes to my face but I shake it off as I make sure that Snape doesn't catch her sleeping in class for the rest of the lesson.

     When the end of the lesson arrives I wake Y/n up and she looks super tired. She looks around before leaning back onto me.

     "???..What happened???"