Chapter Forty-Seven - The Final Task

The other champions and I are gathered together in front of a large crowd. They're all cheering for us. I look around anxiously and turn to Potter and Cedric, they nod at me and I nod back. Dumbledore stands in front of us and clears his throat, preparing to make an announcement.

      "Earlier today Professor Moody placed the triwizards cup deep within the maze. Only he knows its exact position. Now as Mr Diggory and Ms L/n tied for first position they will be the first to enter the maze. Followed by Mr Krum-" Dumbledore is cut off by the crowd cheering wildly. "The first person to touch the cup will be the winner. I've instructed the staff to patrol the perimeter, if at any point should a contestant wish to withdraw from the task he or she need only send up red sparks with their wands. Contestants gather round." We all form a cemi-circle and he stands in the middle of us.

     "In the maze you'll find no dragons or creatures of the deep. Instead you'll face something more challenging. You see, people change in the maze. Oh find the cup if you can, but be very wary you could just lose yourselves along the way." He explains to us.

     "Champions! Prepare yourself!" Moody yells. Cedric goes off to hug his father and Potter and I go to the entrances of the maze that are assigned for us.

     "On the count of three... ONE..." The canon goes off and I hear Dumbledore groan. The three of us enter the maze through our assigned entrances. The opening closes up behind me and heavy mist starts to settle in.

     I've been wandering through the maze for I don't know how long now. Something snaps behind me and I quickly turn around and pull my wand out. In front of me is Potter with his hands up.

     "Merlin Potter! You scared the living hell out of me!" I exclaim while putting my defense down. He chuckles awkwardly and smiles slightly.

     "Sorry-" He is quickly cut off by a high pitched scream and we look at each other in panic and run towards the direction of the scream.

     "Fleur? Fleur!" Potter shouts as we reach the source of the scream. An unconscious Fleur is on the ground being dragged into the bush. I try casting a spell but it's too late. Potter sends up red sparks to alert them of Fleur. A heavy wind starts blowing and the walls start closing in. Potter and I sprint to try and get out of there. I spot something shining in the distance so I grab Potter's wrist and run towards it. We stop running as Viktor steps out in front of us and tries to zap us. Viktor gets zapped by Cedric instead and Cedric runs up to kick the wand out of his hand. He points his wand at him ready to finish him off.

     "No, stop! He's bewitched Cedric." Potter yells and tackles him. I wince as they land on the ground with a loud thud and I push myself up and run up to them.

     "Get off of me!" Cedric shouts.

     "He's bewitched!" Potter retorts as I pull him off Cedric. When he's standing we continue running towards the cup. As we're running we hear another thud and quickly turn to see Cedric being pinned and pulled by the undergrowth.

     "Harry! Y/n!" He desperately calls for us while trying to struggle against the undergrowth. Potter and I quickly zap the plantlife off of him and help him up as he wiggles free.

     "You know for a moment there I thought you two were gonna let it get me." Cedric chuckles as he brushes himself off.

     "For a moment, so did I." Potter agrees. I nod my head and turn to the cup.

     "Some game huh?"

     "Some game." Potter and I chuckle in usion. The wind starts blowing again and we all turn to the cup.