Chapter 54

Hey all, you might want to re-read chapter 11 (I think) about their first meeting, the flashback in here follows on from that)

________________________________________________________________________

I was contemplating the craziness of the day while Nick drove me to Dr Sim's office.

We had stopped off for more burgers after the incident and almost death by burger moment back at the arena.

I sat staring out the window watching the normality of the world go by me. While I was currently living an abnormal life.

If someone had told me that 21 months ago I would be in a relationship with Ariana Grande and that she was expecting my child, I would have told you, you need to up your meds.

But here we are.

It has been a whirlwind from the beginning and I don't think it was ever going to calm down.

Which, part of me enjoyed the excitement, but part of me just wanted life to be simple.

To not have to get on an aeroplane or bus every day.

Not having to live out of a suitcase and just chill at home, in my boxers and tube socks, eating Thai and binge watching CSI.

I didn't want this life forever, and I didn't want this life for my children.

I know that I sacrificed normality to be with Ari.

But was I also sacrificing a bit of myself too.

Ari has her family around her every day.

I was just missing the ability to see mine any time I wanted.

Especially my nephews I missed seeing them grow, them telling me what they did in school. We still FaceTime but it's not the same,  I would regularly take them out and we would chill over a McDs or go bowling.

Life had changed for me since I met Ariana, I should have known from our first meeting that it was always going to be intense.

I have come to accept and enjoy as sadistic as it is, that what Ariana and I have cannot be manufactured, it cannot be faked, it's all real. All the emotions, the reactions, we don't control or hide any of our emotions from each other, we are raw, we are us.

I muse back about our first meeting after we were left alone.

_______________________________________________________________________

Flashback

Big John's radio went off.

"Ms Grande, Rashad is calling, you are on in 10 you need to get to the entry point" The gruff guy spills out.

I let out another puff of air.

Thank God, saved by the big guy I think.

Ariana looks from Big John and back to me.

I think she can see I look visibly relieved.

"Oh, you think you are getting out of it that easy?" She shakes her head softly, her hands still holding mine.

Her voice drops a couple of octives. "I will have a private performance after the show"

I visibly gulp.

"Ugh,, you mean se.. sing for you?" I choke out.

She steps closer and I stay rooted in my place. She is so close now her chest brushes against me, our hands are still conjoined and she places my hands on her waist and leans up, my hands slip lower, almost touching her ass.