Chapter 1

A loud deafening sound rang out throughout the whole city. Followed by the joyful cheers of the people, everyone jumped with tears of joy as the huge pressure looming over their chests finally disappeared.

The last zombie in the world, the zombie king, was finally taken down by their leader, Xinn. He was a space ability user with very powerful fighting prowess and leadership ability. He led the whole base to fight the threats of the zombies and hoarded food to feed all of them. They developed and grew stronger together, and finally, the zombie king was killed.

Everyone in the base liked Xinn. He is a kind and powerful leader that everyone depends on. He is the hero that led them to see the new dawn of hope. Today is the start of the post-apocalyptic era and everyone is excited about the development of their lost civilization.

Speaking of their culture that was lost during the apocalypse. They began to miss the warmth and joyful life where the city is still filled with life. Where the population was still big and how their lives before were convenient because of the help of advanced technology.

Xinn planned on developing the base and starting the operation of restoring their world and culture. Inside his space, there hid the books and data that he had hoarded from the national library when he was escaping from the countryside to the capital.

No one knows about this except his companion, Ruru.

After killing the zombie king, he put the zombie core into his space and happily hugged his subordinates who were cheering loudly for their success.

" Let's celebrate!!! " Xinn declared and released the mutated beasts they had captured as livestock.

That night, everyone surrounded the big campfire and roasted their share while drinking beers. Near the fire, three sexy ladies were dancing in a seductive manner followed by the cheers and whistles of the men.

Everyone was intoxicated from drunkenness and began indulging themselves in fleshly sins. Men pulled their lovers into their designated room and started rolling on the bed. While drunkards began singing with their deaf-toned voices.

Xinn smiled and gulped down his beer. He turned to look at his companion and patted his back. " The dawn has finally appeared, don't you think, Ruru? "

Ruru hung his head down and hummed before gulping his beer.

Xinn lay down on the ground and watched the stars up above. An intoxicated smile flashed upon his face as he reminisced about his life before the apocalypse appeared.

" Finally, finally, I get to take a rest. " Xinn sighed and closed his eyes.

Ruru at the side gave him a silent glance and suddenly raised the corner of his lips. Something suddenly glistened within his hand and the sharp tip of the knife suddenly stabbed into the chest of the base leader.

Xinn opened his eyes in surprise and stared at Ruru with disbelief.

Ruru flashed a malicious smile and snatched the amulet from Xinn's chest and said it in his low voice. " Rest in peace, my friend. "

Xinn's eyes followed the amulet within Ruru's hand and suddenly realized something. " S... So you've been coveting my magical space huh. "

Ruru patted Xinn's bloody chest and smirked. " You have worked hard, it's time for you to step back and let me lead the base to prosperity. "

Xinn felt his world spinning and a mind-numbing feeling enveloped his brain as he felt his ears ringing. His vision suddenly darkened, but Ruru's voice still repeatedly rang within his head, causing him to feel worse.