Chapter 12

After they finished making a fence , Xinn and Alonzo remained outside of the cave. Xinn put a small legged chair on the green lawn and put a bunch of papers on the table. Alonzo also sat on a small stool beside him and listened to Xinn . Xinn taught him how to write and also determine nouns , pronouns , verbs , prepositions , etc.

Alonzo held a ballpen and wrote on the paper from blue to blue .

Alonzo once asked Xinn if he wanted to learn his language . Xinn however was not interested and said that it is fine for him if Alonzo was the only person he could talk to . Moreover , if they really had kids in the future , he would just teach his kids his language and would just interact with them.

What Xinn told to him made Alonzo feel secured . Xinn was not interested in learning his language because Alonzo could understand him . He doesn't need someone else to talk to since he already had Alonzo.

Who would have thought that Xinn possessed such sweet tongue .

If Xinn doesn't know his language there's a very low percentage that Xinn would be stolen by other tribes from him. Other Beastmen couldn't understand Xinn and Xinn wouldn't be able to cheat on him.

Alonzo was so happy that even his learning speed has quickened .

As Alonzo keep on learning , he would also ask Xinn some questions about why some words have silent letters such as the words ' should ' , 'queue' , 'listen' , and etc. Xinn laughed out loud and said that the founder of the language was stupid as a joke , but after that , he explained to Alonzo that silent letters helps people to distinguish words with the same sounds but different spellings and meanings in writing.

Then , Alonzo suddenly asked. " Why do you pronounce , Mountain as Moun'n ? , Where does the letter T go? "

Xinn couldn't speak hearing that . He chuckled and lightly patted Alonzo's shoulder as he said that some people pronounce words like that because they would sound native if they use shortcuts to shorten their words. Such as how people use 'gotta' when it was originally ' got to ' .

Alonzo immediately understood the gist of it and continued learning but is still inwardly perplexed about how complicated Xinn's language is.

When the night finally fell , Xinn stepped out of the gate and layed a fur sheet on the green lawn and lied on it . He looked up to the sky and stared at the brilliance of the sky .

Violet twinkling starts could be seen in the sky . They were numerous and uncountable and they made a very pleasing scene to behold. The big satellite star (moon) could be seen over the sky , it was in a crescent shape . The moon wasn't so bright but the million stars shine so bright in the night .

Xinn was in a trance and stared at it for a long time before slowly falling asleep. Alonzo slithered close to him and rested his head on top of Xinn's chest . That night , the two slept outside of the cave under the twinkling stars in the sky.

Alonzo was guarding Xinn's body and flick his tail whenever a small insect was about to rest on Xinn's body to suck blood.

The night was cold , Alonzo was cold , but the man he he surrounded was so warm .

When the dawn was about to come , Xinn woke up and saw that he was surrounded by his boyfriend. He rubbed his eyes and slowly sat up while supporting Python's gigantic body . Xinn's biceps bulge from Alonzo's heavy weight but Xinn never cried out. He stood up and coiled some of Alonzo's body and drag him back to the cave . Alonzo twitched but then went back to sleep .

Xinn layed Alonzo on the ground then touched his cold scale . Honestly , being surrounded by a such terrifying snake wasn't a pleasant experience , but knowing that the snake was his saviour , he just tried his best not to show disgust on his face lest he hurts Alonzo's feelings .