Chapter 60

Fun Fact - Bakunawa , an underwater serpent that swallows moon was Bathala's enemy.

Trivia
Bathala's tendency to spoil mankind with his love and care, and later his pairing with the Christian God has lead to the saying "Bahala na ang Diyos" which means (Leave it to God).

-------&&+++++

--- 16/30/1245 ----

After explaining to the whole clan that it is an inherited ability from his female.

Xinn also came up with an origin that he came from a continent in which there are witches that possessed supernatural abilities granted by the Bathala ( Bat-Ha-La - A Deity Known for his omnipotence. ).

He was granted an ability by Bathalas' son named, Hangin ( Air ), and gained the ability to fly.

The serpents and females listened with interest painted on their countenances and gaped their mouth in understanding and disbelief.

In 'their' tribe, Xinn was the son of the witch and possessed a higher blood density that he inherited from their lineage.

The curios Little Kyle then asked. " Then who is the enemy of Bathala? "

Xinn , " One of Bathala's enemies is named, Sitan. Known as a dark god that guards Kasamaan ( Evilness=Hell ) . He is feared by many by his evilness , maliciousness and destructive entity. As oppose to Bathala, who is loving and benevolent, Sitan loves to spread destruction and harm. "

Carl and Kyle hugged each other. " Woah, he is really a dark god!!! "

Xinn nodded pretentiously and then continued. " Sitan in hell has Four famous agents. The first one named, Mangagaway ( pronounced as Mang-ga-ga-wai ). His name means Shaman, Evil Sorcerer or simply a necromancer. He ( originally a She ) is known as the cause of people's diseases. He would disguise himself as a benevolent witch/healer. If people offended him, he would send disease to that said person. "

Kyle frowned, " That's awful "

" Awful indeed!!! He's so evil like Sitan! "

Dein snorted, " of course, he's evil, Sitan is his boss after all. "

Carl fidgeted. " Then, should we pray to Bathala to send the diseases away? "

Adrian, the patriarch, laughed and patted his grandson's head. " Of course not, we should instead believe in our selves and consult to a physician for treatment. Although our predecessors once believed in gods, we actually have to rely on our own capabilities more than the god's blessings. "

The patriarch's listening sons and female sons nodded in agreement.

Xinn then continued narrating. He told then the second agent named, Mansisilat. He ( originally a she ) is known as a homewrecker. He loves destroying happy and united family that she could find. He hates it when he finds a family that is happy. With his charms, he could make any loving couples argue with each other and end up in separation.

Hearing this, everyone got goosebumps. The hidden lovers that has not yet declared their relationships to the patriarch lowered their heads down while secretly gripping the hands of their serpents who were now sweating cold buckets.

Spouses on the other hand immediately sent glares to their husbands, once they argued in the future, they could only blame it to Mansisilat.

And so, Xinn ended up story telling until lunch arrived.

The clan members grumbled in dissatisfaction. Kyle, Carl and Dein waved good bye to Xinn as they went to the outer part of the island where their house was located.