Chapter 2

~THIRD PERSON POV~

It was just a normal day for Emma since she became a mermaid she had to quit the swim team because of her fear of being exposed when she touched water as she doesn't want to be experimented on.

Even though she's still upset that she had to quit her swim team, the members of her team, teachers and parents were disappointed in her since she can't give them a valid reason for her withdrawal as she knew she couldn't possibly say 'Oh I turn into a mermaid every time I touch water'.

Poor Emma had to just accept the consequence of her going to Mako Island that day when she shouldn't have as it kind of destroyed her life.

She put away her sad thought and went to do her job at the Marine park. Before becoming a mermaid she would help the dolphins train by swimming with them and performing water tricks but that stop until recently when she was placed in charge of a recluse dolphin named Ronnie.

He was a baby when he was found all by himself when the divers went swimming and since then he's been in the care of the workers in the facility. Ronnie hasn't been acting right for a while and so he was left in her care and she too grew attached to the little fellow who sadly won't eat unless she feed him so currently she was walking towards his aquarium with a bucket filled with sprat.

"Ronnie."

"Ronnie"

"Ronnie where are you," Emma called the dolphin which she couldn't see.Panicking Emma jumped into the water as her unfortunate transforms into an orange bra and mermaid tail as she swim around the aquarium looking for the dolphin.

Panicking Emma jumped into the water as her unfortunate transforms into an orange bra and mermaid tail as she swim around the aquarium looking for the dolphin

Eventually she finds the dolphin lying in a corner. She decided to cheer him by going back up and grabbing a handful of sprats diving backdown to where the dolphin who still didn't look at her. She smiled mischievously before continuously poking the dolphin's which he didn't like as he swam away from her before down again.

Not giving up Emma swam up to the dolphin giving him a hug and rubbing her tail on his as she waved one of the sprat in-front of the stubborn dolphin's face to which he finally accepted and even ate the rest in her hand.

She then swam up to the surface to see if anyone was coming and when the coast was clear she grabbed the rest of the treats and a ball to play with before going back underwater to where the dolphin was waiting on her.

This was their daily routine as the dolphin preferred the girl in her mermaid form than her human one so whenever he knew she would come he'd behave stubborn and hide resulting in the teen to come into the water to look for him to which Emma didn't mind as she too liked the playful antics of the young dolphin.

After eating Ronnie would go about his daily exercises with the mermaid right beside him as they would throw the ball back and forth following by them swimming some laps with Emma holding onto his fin.

Ronnie would squeak in delight as he enjoyed the mermaid's company. Ronnie loves Emma and she loves him too which is why she's the only one he feels comfortable around.

Finally the exercise is finished and all the fun has come to an end as Emma kiss Ronnie on his rostrum (nose) before lifting herself up to the deck and use her powers to dry herself as her orange tail transforms into two slender white legs. She took up the bucket and walked back to her work area when she heard someone calling her.

"Emma"

"Emma"

"Hey Mr Adams how may I help you?"

"How was Ronnie today?" he asked.

"Oh he's the same like everyday," she responded.

"I'm glad to hear atleast he'll be ready for when we bring him to America" he said with a smile.

"Wait what?" She shouted shocked.

"Yes the president built a dolphin reserve in the United States and we're transferring Ronnie there," he informed.

"Are you sure he'll be okay,"she asked concerned.

"Well from your report I think he'll be ready by tomorrow for his departure," he said before walking leaving the girl upset.

Emma looked back at the dolphin aquarium in sadness as she knew today would be the last with her aquatic friend. She knew she couldn't stop them from transferring Ronnie worse she'll be going to college soon and she doesn't think she'll be able to see him as frequently as before.

Deciding it was time to go home Emma packed her bags and left hoping to get some sleep when she gets home since she didn't get any the night before due to it being a full moon. Upon reaching home she was met with her parents sitting around the table.

"Emma your back we need to talk," said her dad.

"Did I do something wrong?" she asked as she walked up to a chair and sat down.

"We know about you being a mermaid," said her mother.

"What mom mermaids don't exist," she laughed but they didn't laugh with her so she sighed.

"How did you find out?" she asked now scared.

"When we had to battle a water formed snake to hand our drunk daughter over," her father said nonchalantly.

"We thought you'd remember but when you didn't address it this morning we thought you were scared and so we decided to talk to you," said her mom.

"After that it all made sense why you quit swimming. I mean you love the water so much that we had to ground you from using the pool," continued her mother as both parents grabbed her hand.

"We're sorry if we weren't understanding and caused you to believe we'd hate you or turn you over to the government if we found because we wouldn't. Emma we love you from the bottom of our hearts," said her father.

"Guys I love you too," she said now crying as her parents hug her.

"Oh one more thing we know you've worked hard and so we bought you an all expense paid trip to New Orleans," they revealed as Emma looked at them shocked.

After the talk with her parents,Emma went to her room to rest as she thought about the events that happened during the day. All in all she's glad her parents accept her being a mermaid. With that Emma went to bed with a smile on her face