Chapter 7

Marcel has been pacing up and down in his mansion which used to belong to the Mikaelsons. He had gotten word from one of the vampires that followed him that Rebekah Mikaelson was spotted in their city. They however reported that none of her brothers were seen.

If he was to be honest, Marcel knew it was wrong for him to hold feelings for the female original seeing as she is his sire's sister. However, deep down he knew he had loved her but not anymore. He had waited a century for her to come back and even when he had returned to New Orleans in the 1920s, he still waited.

His heart truly broke when one of his vampire friends reported that the blonde was in Chicago with her brother. However, what truly broke him was when he went to Chicago and saw them. His Rebekah in the arms of another man. He watched them kiss for what felt like eternity before he saw his sire intervene.

Marcel went on a hunger and drink phase that night as he massacred a bar filled with people who he compelled along with drinking the strongest booze it offered.

When he woke up the next morning he deeply regretted what he had done and so to lessen his guilt he helped the families of people he killed hold their funerals as well provided a lump some of money that made them well off for a few years.

He then went back to New Orleans and decided to not only better himself but his city and make it stronger than when the Mikaelsons ruled. His first course of action was to get a witch to make a handful of day light rings. He then turned men who were either sick or were mistreated and made them apart of his family.

Only a few trusted were given daylight rings though. He then made the witch curse the werewolves to stay in their beast form and only human for on full moons and to be weaker. He then drove them out to the Bayou along with the witches who didn't abide by his rule. He imposed not only fear but stability in the small town. He wasn't going to give up his town to anyone or fall into Rebekah's trap ever again.

While Marcel was worrying about the originals being in his town, Emma was on her way back to the apartment. She had bought vegetables, meat and some snacks as well as seafood which the supermarket would deliver thankfully. She has also purchased a jeep to during her travels which came with a dream catcher accessory.

 She has also purchased a jeep to during her travels which came with a dream catcher accessory