Chapter 23

Emma who had been peacefully lying in her room suddenly shot up after an unexpected nightmare. She got up and went downstairs to the kitchen when she noticed the place was quiet. She poured herself some orange juice when she noticed Hayley walking down the stairs with an obvious bump protruding through her shirt.

"Ohh careful there," said Emma as she ran to help Hayley. The she-wolf was only four months pregnant, but sometimes the fetus made her forget she was four months. The morning sickness was also the worst.

"Thanks," said Hayley as she smiled at the mermaid who helped her to the couch.

"So how has the pregnancy been going for you?" 

"To be honest I am scared. I didn't grow up with my birth family and my adopted family threw me out of their home calling me a monster when I first shifted. All of this makes me worried as I keep thinking I might not be a good mother for my child and worse with Klaus being the father," said Hayley.

"Well since you didn't have any good adult figure in your life I am sure you'll ensure the child wouldn't feel like how you are feeling now. I know you'll do whatever you can to protect her from harm and you should have more faith in Klaus he cares about her as well," said Emma before getting up and leaving.

"I would do anything to protect you....anything," said Hayley as she rubbed her bump.

Emma was going to swim when she received a text from an unknown number saying Marcel and help. She hurriedly ran outside and got inside her jeep before quickly driving over to the French Quarter only for a car to collide into hers and her to fall unconscious due to the impact.

 Meanwhile, Marcel who was following Tiamat was brought to a space in the black abyss when a screen suddenly appeared illuminating the dark space.

"Before we start with the girl's story I want to show you the male's. His name was Marcellus and he was an orphaned prince," started Tiamat.

The screen then showed the scene of a long-haired woman giving birth as the people began to fuss. While the handmaidens and servants were praying for the safety of their queen and the babe about to be born, the queen was sad.

Her husband whom she had known since they were children, had abandoned her for a mere peasant that worked in the palace. The king turned a blind eye to his queen and only looked at the conniving servant who coveted her crown. This is her third baby and she was glad the child would be born but sad that her other two weren't in this world. Her eldest child was the same age as the woman's and that woman's child pushed the queen's babe into the water. 

The servants had favored the woman's child more than hers because his mother was favored by the king and so after pushing her child into the water, the mistress's child too fell and the servants prioritized that child's life more than her own. Sadly her child died before anyone could save him and she the queen was punished for seeking justice for her child.

The king only slept with her as a form of duty as the once passionate lovemaking turned to nothing but disgust. The queen had pretended to be happy as the king touched her while moaning another woman's name. Her second child was conceived after this only for her to be pushed harshly on the floor landing on her stomach resulting in a miscarriage. 

The wicked woman claimed she tried to harm her and so to defend herself she pushed the queen. Once again everyone believed the wicked woman who revealed she was pregnant while scorn was thrown at the queen for attempting to kill the woman's unborn child. Her punishment was the death of her child.

The third time, the queen was taken by force as she had refused to bed the king fulfilling her duties. All night the queen's pleas and cries were heard. The loyal servants could do nothing but cry for the queen as they continued to hate their king and the wretched woman. The woman gave birth to twin boys and a feast was held as the queen had to sit in the audience feeling broken watching the woman sitting on her throne receiving love from her husband.

This time when the queen got pregnant she kept it a secret and with the help of her loyal servants, she gave birth to her beautiful baby boy Marcellus. Sadly the queen died shortly after due to being poisoned for months by the wicked woman. The servants cried and plotted revenge as they cleaned the queen and her baby before carrying the body away and fleeing the palace. 

They held a burial for her with a tombstone. The personal handmaiden bid farewell to everyone as she escaped with the prince. The others plotted their revenge but sadly they all died since they were no match for such a cruel man.

Marcel could only cry as he saw everything and Tiamat tried to comfort him. The dragon then continued the story of how he ended up in the village, his life with Emma to his death. It was then revealed that Miss Agatha who has been watching over them was the handmaiden who ran away with a baby Marcellus.

"I can't believe I failed to protect her. I won't fail this time," said Marcel as he looked at the dragon who smiled at him. 

The male then slowly started to wake up feeling energized and much better only to find out that the reason he fell unconscious was because Tiamat used some of his magic to upgrade his body making him an upgraded vampire.

Meanwhile, a fight was going on between Rebekah and another woman. After she woke up, she found out that she was kidnapped by a girl who mistook her for Emma. Even though the girl was stupid, the witch with her wasn't and so with the aid of their mystery helper who brought an unconscious Emma, they linked Rebekah and Emma together hoping to weaken the two by stealing Emma's magic and then killing them. 

Sadly they didn't expect Rebekah to be awake as she attacked the nearest person to her. Agnes ran away with Charlotte as Rebekah continued to fight the woman. The woman turned and continued to fight the original only for Rebekah to shove her hand into her chest ripping her heart out.

"You," the woman said as she fell to the ground lifeless as blood had seeped out of her mouth.

"Death to those who betray the Mikaelsons," said Rebekah as she looked at Hayley's lifeless body on the ground.