Chapter 18

Agnes and the other elder witches didn't like that their plan to eliminate the abomination that inhabited the womb of the she-wolf survived. However, Agnes was happy as she was able to find the source of power from the magical being who brought them euphoria when they felt its overwhelming power.

She placed a smile on her face as she thought of different ways on how to extract the magic from the being when she suddenly thought of one of the obstacles that targeted her kind. This obstacle was none other than a certain seventeen-year-old girl who was the remaining survivor of the harvest ritual. This girl was not only a threat to their race but also a traitor as it was through her that Marcel was able to detect and kill off the witches who used their magic. 

Agnes looked at the ancient artifact in her hand and realized tomorrow was the day when the teen girl's magic would start causing chaos due to the incomplete ritual. Her sinister smile broadened as she thought of a way to not only get the witch but the powerful being as well.

Meanwhile, at the entrance of New Orleans, a certain redhead female looked at the city with a smile. This female was still sad about her defeat and the power she had lost in the meantime so she wanted revenge.

Her tail was the only thing that connected her to her grandmother and she felt really happy only for it to be taken by those selfish girls.

Sadly she wasn't able to target the others but after a few months of spying and stalking, she was able to find the whereabouts of the most powerful member of the trio.

She continued to walk until she arrived at a certain cemetery and walked inside.

"Old Aunt Agnes are you here?" she called out.

Agnes who was busy cooking up a scheme suddenly heard a familiar voice calling and so she went out and saw her God niece Charlotte.

The young redhead couldn't help the excitement she felt when she saw the elder witch. Agnes was happy as well to see the girl but was worried since New Orleans wasn't safe for someone of her kind.

"Charlotte dear what are you doing here in New Orleans? I strictly told you to never come here because it's not safe," Agnes chastised.

"Oh aunt I felt like I was going to die if I stayed any longer in Australia," said Charlotte as she started crying crocodile tears.

"Oh, my niece what happened?" Agnes asked as she wrapped her arms around the girl allowing her to cry in her arms.

"I finally got my tail only for it to be stolen by some evil girls. I managed to escape after killing two but the oldest one she left after stealing my tail since she couldn't get one of her own," said Charlotte as she spouted a story about how she befriended three girls who helped her navigate her way through Gold Coast, Australia.

She continued to say how one of the girls sprayed her with water by accident and before she could find somewhere to hide, they saw her mermaid form. They promised to keep it a secret until they kept asking where she got her tail and because she wouldn't reveal it, they cornered her and attacked her revealing they wanted to steal her powers and tail for themselves.

Agnes could only gasp in shock at what her poor niece had to go through. After trying to cheer her niece up, Agnes swore to get revenge on the remaining girl and tortured her in the most painful way for being greedy.

"Let me show you around while you're here," said Agnes as she grabbed her jacket as she and Charlotte left to explore hoping not to run into any vampires.

Meanwhile, inside the Mikaelson compound, the place was quiet except for the outdoor pool. Emma had gotten up a little early and decided to exercise to loosen her stiffen muscles. She had gone for a jog a few miles away from the compound before returning and deciding to grab a swim.

That's where she currently was as she swam from one end to the other. Even though she had to quit swimming for the Olympics, she didn't regret it.

Emma thinks the best thing that ever happened to her was the night she gained her tail and with it, a new set of freedom. She's also glad her parents support her and her mermaid self.

She was lying flat on her back in the water in a starfish position as she floated on the surface of the water.

Meanwhile, Rebekah was glad she had gained a younger sister but she was also sad as she thought the young mermaid would steal her spotlight.

She continued to look at Emma in the pool through the window with a scowl on her face but it quickly went away when she heard footsteps coming down the stairs.

"Brother you can't be serious," said Elijah as he walked after his younger brother.

"What else am I supposed to do? He keeps popping up wherever I am and asking about Emma. I will not let anyone hurt our little sister," said Klaus as he and Elijah had long since recognized the young mermaid as their younger sibling.

"Oh hey guys," said Emma as she entered the living room greeting everyone before going to her room.

"What all the commotion for?" Rebekah asked.

"Klaus is going to wage war against Marcel," replied Elijah.

"He got to touch one sister but I'll be damned if I let him touch another," shouted Klaus angrily.

"What?" Rebekah asked confused.

"Marcel and his men are looking and asking around for Emma," Elijah replied calmly as he tried to call Niklaus down.

Rebekah couldn't help the shock she felt hearing that her Marcel was looking for another girl. At first, she actually thought that she and her mermaid doppelganger could get along but now she doesn't know what to think. A sudden dark feeling sprouted in her heart and for a second her eyes turned red.

This didn't go unnoticed by Hayley as she looked at the blonde in worry. She couldn't only pray that everything turned out okay or else she would be leaving with her child if she sensed any danger.

A/N:Hello my lovelies, sorry for not updating. My university reopened and so my schedule has been full but I'll try to update as much as I can. Also for my fellow ARMYS💜, I attempted to right a oneshot about Kim Taehyung. It's cringey with awful smut but please check it out and comment.

 It's cringey with awful smut but please check it out and comment