Chapter 17

Rebekah and Klaus stared shocked as they saw the girl suddenly sprout a tail after coming in contact with the tub of water.

"What the hell Elijah?" Rebekah asked but this all went through deaf ears as Elijah was too busy worrying about Emma. 

After he submerged the girl in the water he touched her forehead and saw that her fever wasn't going down causing him to start panic. Unbeknownst to them this was all due to the witches. 

Agnes suddenly became a man woman and no matter how much the other witches persuaded her to stop, the witch wouldn't listen.

"Sisters I know you all felt how I felt the last full moon. The euphoria we felt as all that magic seeped into our bodies and ravished us like a wild beast," said Agnes.

"We are talking about the same thing right," whispered one witch to another. They couldn't help looking at the elder puzzled as she started to behave like a bitch in heat.

Agnes then called Sophie to help her as she brought out a sacred dark artifact as they planned to place a curse on the pregnant werewolf hoping she would miscarry. However as the spell was cast, the curse traveled through Sophie's vein and went towards Hayley but stopped. It was suddenly drawn towards an even more powerful source and relying on instinct it went to eradicate the powerful vessel.

It was when Emma was talking to Daniel did the curse flew into her body leaving her unconscious. Sadly what they didn't expect was to meet a formidable water dragon who swore to protect his master. This was the reason Emma's eyes glowed blue and she mistakenly attacked Daniel as her body was fighting off the curse.

Rebekah stood in the distance watching her brother fuss over another girl and she couldn't help being upset. She's never seen anyone of them treat her like that and so she started to dislike the girl who had the same face as her.

"Let's carry her to the outdoor pool," said Klaus as he moved out of the way to allow Elijah to carry the mermaid out.

They hurriedly rushed out as Elijah arrived and stepped into the pool still holding onto the unconscious Emma. Hayley who was rubbing her baby bump heard the door of the Mikaelson residence open and closed and a panicked Sophie rushed into the room.

"Hayley are you okay?" she asked as she rushed to the girl's side and tried to continuously touch her.

"Hey back up. Who told you I'd be comfortable with you touching me after you threatened my baby?" 

"Agnes injected me with something which was supposed to cause you to have a miscarriage but I guess you are fine," said Sophie.

The two women suddenly heard noise from in the yard and rushed to the outdoor pool where they spotted Elijah who was holding an unconscious girl who happened to have a fishtail.

"Is there any chance the curse is supposed to mess with your eyesight?" Hayley asked Sophie.

"Nope," replied Sophie.

"Then that means we are both seeing Elijah hugging a mermaid," said Hayley.

"Yep," Sophie replied once again.

"Well I mean I am a werewolf a creature noted as fictional in books and they are vampires plus you're a witch so we shouldn't be surprised that mermaids exist," said Hayley.

"I can feel the magic radiating from her," said Sophie who looked to be in a trance as she slowly walked towards the pool and into its water as she slowly moved towards Elijah and Emma. 

Elijah looked at her warily as they kept calling her name she didn't pay them any attention as she reached her hand out and touched Emma. Suddenly the water started to glow and the water rose to form a water dragon causing the tranced Sophie to bow.

"Thank you for taking care of my master," said Tiamat as he hugged Emma's body the girl's eyes opened and she looked up at the man she considers her brother.

"Elijah," she said she slowly eased out of his arms and Sophie came back to her senses.

"Wait the hell just happened?" Rebekah asked.

"It seems the curse that should have fallen upon Hayley went to her," said Sophie as she pointed to Emma who started to happily swim around Elijah as she playfully splashed him causing the male to laugh at her antics.  

"Wow umm Elijah," whispered  Emma as she hid behind the male as she hid the male under the water only showing above her nose.

"Yes Emma," said answered the noble original as he rubbed the little mermaid's head.

"There's a girl who has my face standing beside Nik," said Emma.

"Oh Emma meet my younger sister Rebekah and Rebekah meet your newfound mermaid doppelganger Emma Gilbert," introduced Elijah.

"Ah, Gilbert.........Hopefully, she's not as manipulative as another doppelganger who shares the same last name," remarked Rebekah.

"What's a doppelganger?" asked Emma. 

"Well little one a doppelganger is a biologically unrelated look-alike of a living person," replied Klaus.

"Well wouldn't Rebekah be my doppelganger since I am the one that's living," said Emma.

"Well I'm older," said Rebekah.

"*Cough* Whatever makes you sleep at night," said Emma as she started remembering her past life.

"Well I Would like to get out of the water now so since Elijah is wet Nik please help me out," said Emma as she swam to the poolside and stretched out her hand as Klaus pulled her up.

"So do you need a towel to dry off?" Hayley asked.

"Nope I'm good," said Emma as she hovered her hand over her tail steam appeared drying the tail as her orange tail returned to her long legs and her bra changed to a large t-shirt. 

"Go change right now," shouted both brothers.

"Why?" Hayley asked as Rebekah stood there fuming.

"Oh they're just being protective because this is Marcel's shirt," Emma revealed.

"Marcel's?" Rebekah asked in shock as well as hurt.

"Yeah," replied Emma.

"His men kidnapped her," said Elijah.

"Correction he didn't kidnap me, whenever the full moon appears and I see it or a reflection of it, it possesses me and I end up going to the water. Normally I wouldn't remember what happened but thanks to my dragon I remember everything," explained Emma.

"Okay so no full moon for you ever again," said Klaus.

"Anyways I am going to dress up with my new twin sister," said Emma as he dragged Rebekah away and the blonde original couldn't help the smile that appeared on her face as her shorter doppelganger dragged her way while asking for directions to her room.