Chapter 6

After getting off the call with Mr Mendez I hailed a taxi and got in. The drover asked where I was going and I said the New Orleans Aquarium please. It took fifteen minutes to get there and when I arrived, I thanked the driver after paying as he told me I'm welcome then drove off.

I walked up to the entrance where I saw a woman wearing scuba gear. She approached me and asked if I was Emma Gilbert to which I said yes. She then went on to introduce herself as Eliana Jackson and she was one of the persons in charge of taking care of Ronnie.

She went on further to explain that he had arrived three days and refused to interact with anyone. When they approached him, he would either get angry or not move at all and he refused to eat. I thought maybe Ronnie was homesick so I decided to help as much as I can.

She then explained that due to his behavior Ronnie was placed in an environment separate from the facility. We walked down the path and onto the bridge when I spotted Ronnie tucked in the corner away from us looking out at the sea. There was a bucket with fish at the edge of the bridge and Eliana took up one and called Ronnie hoping to get his attention with food but it didn't work.

"Let me," I said as I took up the gloves and placed them on before grabbing a fish.

"Ronnie come for the fishy fish," I said as I dipped the head of the fish in the water swinging it around.

It got his attention and to Elaina's surprise Ronnie turned around and squeaked in delight as he swam towards us and ate the fish. After eating the fish, he raised his rostrum and rubbed it against my hand in happiness.

"I know I know. I missed you too," I replied.

"Wow he really loves you," Elaina said with a smile.

"Alright I'll leave you too alone and you can ring me on the phone back there when you're ready," she said as nodded.

I continued to feed Ronnie when I noticed he suddenly moved back and went under the water.

"What you doing bub," I asked only for him to raise back and spray me with water before laughing.

I placed my bag down before jumping off the bridge and into the water as my tail appeared. I resurfaced and hugged my little dolphin as I laughed.

"You really like me in this form huh bub," I said which made him squeak happily causing me to laugh.

~ELIJAH MIKAELSON'S POV~

Amazing was the first thing I thought when I saw my sister's doppelgänger dive into the water and sprouted an orange scaled tail. Never in my dear work would I have imagined that creatures such as mermaids who were only make believe folklore would actually exist. The thought of my sister's doppelgänger being one surprised me.

I couldn't help myself as I stared at her playing with the dolphin who a few minutes ago had refused to even go near the trainer. When I look at her I saw the younger Rebekah.

The way she smiles while enjoying her time with the little creature reminds me of Rebekah before everything had changed , before we turned, before we lost everything

I couldn't stop smiling at the innocence that shined on her face. I always somehow wanted Rebekah to stay like that. I wished I could of sheltered her from all the darkness but I couldn't as the darkness started with our father Mikael.

The darkness started when I realized how my sister tried her best to win the love of our father, for him to see her as his little girl but he didn't no matter how hard she tried.

It didn't help the fact that Niklaus, Rebekah and I were the closest out of all our siblings so I wasn't surprised when she couldn't take it anymore and tried to kill Mikael in his sleep.

I couldn't watch my sister dirty her hands with our father's blood even though he deserves to die. I knew I was too weak to face him but I knew someday I didn't have to because I knew Niklaus would face him on his terms and I'll always be there for him.

I couldn't help continue watching her smile as she swam around with the dolphin. I made a silent promise to protect those innocent blue eyes. I know she'll never be Rebekah and I don't want her to so I've decided to make it right with my little sister but also protect Emma. With these final thoughts I looked at Emma one last time before I left to calm down my brother who must be raging right now.

~EMMA GILBERT'S POV~

I realize that time was getting late and I hadn't shopped for groceries as yet so I gave my little baby Ronnie one last kiss on his rostrum before I swam to the bridge. Ronnie squeaked in sadness as he knew I was leaving and he hated when I leave.

"Ronnie, don't be like that you know I have to leave," I said looking at him in the eyes as I pout.

*Sqeak* *Sqeak*

"Alright how about this tomorrow I'll bring your favorite fish snacks," I proposed.

*Sqeak* *Sqeak*

"Fine fine I'll swim under barrier later tonight and stay with you," I compromised as I have his rostrum one more kiss as he swam away happily.

I couldn't help the smile that appeared on my face when I think of our interaction together. I was about to get out of the water when I felt it.

Magic.

I smiled because I felt it, the energy of a moon pool and its calling me. Oh how I was going to find it later tonight when I break Ronnie out of this prison.

With that final thought I brought myself up on the bridge and placed my necklace back on. I dried my legs and allowed my tail to revert back to legs as I got up and waved at my little baby before leaving.