Chapter 19

Marcel was pacing up and down his office, as he continued to think about the girl that was appearing in his dreams. He knew it was Rebekah Mikaelson's human lookalike and he didn't like that.

Her round face with those gorgeous blue eyes and cherry pink lips always appeared as if begging to kiss them. Just a little thought about her would set fire to his soul bringing him alive.

He didn't know if he was suddenly feeling something towards her or if was it his feelings for Rebekah that was padding onto the lookalike. Sadly whatever it is he didn't like it but he needed to see her. He needed to see those blue eyes again.

His men knew something was wrong with him and no one had the courage to as they feared his wrath. Thierry tried to ask Daniel what happened and when he mentioned Rebekah, Thierry saw fire.

"How long will that bitch continue to make my sire suffer?" he shouted.

Out of all the vampires under Marcel's rule, Thierry was the closest to their sire as they were like brothers. Thierry was the one who found Rebekah when she was in New Orleans.

He identified the woman from a picture he had received from his sire. He stared disdainly at the sight of her with another man in her arms. His sire was heartbroken thinking that his love was dead but she wasn't.

He thought it was better to let his sire believe the blonde original was dead but sadly another man reported her whereabouts and he was too late.

Thierry saw the heartbroken look that was in his friend's eyes as he watched the woman he loved embrace another while he waited for her.

Sadly what Thierry didn't tell his sire was that after Marcel left, he went and confronted the blonde.

~FLASHBACK~

Rebekah could hardly keep the smile off her face as she exited the pub. She felt like she was human as she jumped around in excitement.  Not only has Stefan kissed her but he had agreed to be with her. Finally, she can have her fairytale love story.

"I don't know whether to laugh or congratulate you?" said Thierry with his hand across his chest as he walked out of the shadow.

"Who are you?" Rebekah asked.

"I mean here he is, a love-sick fool waiting on the woman he gave his heart to and even turned so he could spend the rest of eternity with," Thierry continued.

"What?" she asked still confused.

"I am here on behalf of my master," he said.

"Who is your master?" Rebekah asked.

"Marcellus Gerard or what your brother called him Marcel," Thierry replied as Rebekah looked at him shocked.

"Why are you here?" Rebekah asked.

"Please return and face my sire," Thierry begged as he went on his knees and bowed. He knew the only way his sire would feel peace was if she faced him.

"I assure you my sire is alive and has been waiting on you," Thierry tried to persuade once again.

"I knew he was alive," said Rebekah as she looked at Thierry with all her seriousness.

"You knew? Then why?" Thierry was confused. He thought the only reason this girl could be here carefree is if she thought his sire dead but she knew he was alive all along.

"I didn't love him," she replied.

"Wouldn't it have spared him the years of heartache waiting for you if you had just told him this?" Thierry argued now angry.

"I don't care what happens to him so he should move on since I have done so already," said Rebekah as she turned her back and walked away.

All this useless talk has made her hungry again and just when she was about to find her next meal, she saw the man she was hopelessly in love with.

"Oh, Stefan darling how about we grab a late-night snack together?" she asked with a smile.

"Sure," said the ripper as Rebekah wrapped her arm around his and they walked away.

Theory stood there angry after what had just happened. He was angry that the only weapon that could kill that blasted woman wasn't in his hands. He wanted to pierce her heart and let her feel ten no a hundred times the pain that his sire was feeling.

Thierry felt hopeless as he wondered how he would now face his sire. He had promised to find the woman but how could he return knowing he could never relay such a vile message?

Thierry knew he needed to get something to drink or relax before he took another thirteen hours and forty-six minutes trip back to his home town New Orleans.

Thierry walked away from the spot but what he and Rebekah had failed to notice was that they weren't alone. Out of the shadows came Marcel as tears fell from his face.

He kept wondering what he did wrong for her to treat him like this. Questions kept running through his head.

"Wasn't I good enough?"

"What did I do wrong?"

"Did I hurt her?"

Marcel wondered why Rebekah was treating him like this. Why did she act like the years they'd been together meant nothing?

~END OF FLASHBACK~

Marcel thought the place was too stuffy so he decided to go explore the place. He decided to grab a drink at the bar to ease his nerves and not lose his cool over one measly girl. However, fate wasn't on his side as he once again crossed paths with Emma who seemed to recognize the male as the reincarnation of her past lover.

She decided that she didn't want to approach the male and disturb his life because she didn't know he was a vampire or the fact that he knew the Mikaelsons. She decided to walk past him only for him to grab her hand as she tried to pass. 

"I see we meet again," said Marcel as he looked at the young mermaid. He didn't know how but he felt this spark when their hands touched and he knew instantly she wasn't Rebekah, well if her aura and the way she dressed didn't give that away then he would have been an idiot to mistake the two.

Sadly the same could not be said for Rebekah as she unfortunately came face to face with Agnes and a disgusting red-haired girl who kept giving her a sickening smile after calling her Emma.