Chapter 15

"Rebekah Mikaelson, come to teach me another lesson?" he asked trying to hold back all the anger, hatred, and betrayal he felt towards her.

"Marcel," she said looking at him with longing as she tried to take a step towards him.

"Not another step," he said to her causing her to stop right in her tracks.

"I am sorry," she said. 

"What exactly are you sorry for? I mean you did a lot of things so you need to be specific," he said.

"I am sorry," she repeated once again but this only made him angrier.

"You know, I actually loved you," started Marcel as Rebekah's heart broke when she heard the word loved.

"I mean I did everything to make you happy. You promised we could be together after the countless times we went behind Klaus' back. I knew my sire feared his father the most and it was not because of the beatings and the humiliation that he went through, it was because he feared that his father would kill you and his other siblings just to get to him. However, I followed your plan where we agreed that after you bring Mikael here, we'd use his presence to escape together. We made a plan that we'd meet at our secret spot before leaving and you know I waited, I waited and waited but where were you," he said as he shouted the last part in anger as tears ran down his eyes.

"I I I," stuttered Rebekah.

The blonde original didn't know what to say. How exactly was she supposed to tell him that after meeting her father, only for the man to not give a shit about her she ran to their hideout and saw him.

She couldn't tell him that she stood in the distance and watched as he waited patiently for three days for her as his eyes slowly lost hope before she finally left.

  She honestly couldn't tell him that she was just using their love just to earn her brother's just so she release her other siblings from the coffins.

Deep down she thought that if after twenty-four hours had passed and she did not appear, he'd leave but sadly Marcel never did. She didn't know that Marcel spent a month at that spot hoping she'd come.

After not hearing from Rebekah for three days, Marcel began to worry that something might of happened to her. He feared that their plan had backfired and Mikael might have hurt or killed her.

He desperately wanted to go back and see if she was okay but he feared that what if she was only delayed, if he left and she suddenly arrived then she'd think he didn't show up so he stayed.

It was during his stay at the hideout did he met his loyal friend Thierry and he turned the male. The two became friends and after explaining the situation to the other male, Thierry decided to help his sire.

He brought more men who he deemed would be loyal to Marcel and after they were turned, the group went to the French Quarter to investigate.

While carrying out their investigation, Thierry would carry blood bags to his sire so he wouldn't starve but the male was too worried about Rebekah to even care about himself. 

After a month had passed and they didn't find out anything, Thierry reluctantly brought the bad news to his sire, and as he knew Marcel didn't take it well.

The dark-skinned vampire broke down thinking he had failed the woman he loved and hurriedly went to their home where he found it still destroyed. 

He and the vampires he sired, slowly rebuilt his home as they continued to find out anything about the appearance of any of the Mikaelson siblings or Mikael while he decided to rule over New Orleans in hopes that when his love finally returned he had created a safe haven for them to spend their years.

He even thought about bringing up adoption with the girl since he knew Rebekah always wanted children but couldn't due to her vampirism. 

Marcel had done everything to accomplish the future that the duo wanted when they finally could be together without any problems. Sadly Marcel couldn't forget the image of her kissing another man while he was there in New Orleans worrying if she was okay.

"Rebekah all I wanted was the truth," he said as tears continued to run down his face.

"If you had no intention of running away with me then I would have understood and I would have given you your space if you still wanted the plan to be carried out, I would have still helped because before you became my lover, you were my friend," he added.

"Marcel didn't mean for things to go like that. It's just when I saw you there in the creary waiting for me, I thought you look so happy and I would have only brought danger to you so it was best we went our separate ways," she said trying to justify why she left and also revealed she did go to their secret hideout and saw him there.

"Oh, so you did see me there. The helpless lovesick fool who stood there waiting on you and you saw me. Rebekah don't spout any bullshit. If you wanted, you could tell me you didn't want us to be together," he said.

"But I didn't want to hurt you," she cried trying to reach out for him but he only slapped her hand away. 

"Didn't want to hurt me?" he asked as he repeated her words while laughing

Marcel then grabbed his chest where his heart was and said, "I would have been hurt but if leaving made you happy then I would have set you free. Rebekah you didn't break my heart, you tore it out of my chest and stepped on it like it was garbage. You know when I found you again I saw you in the arms of another man as he two kissed and the love you once showed me was given to him. I could have confronted you but I didn't because you looked happy and I thought who am I to break your happiness? So Rebekah I hope you were happy and you remain happy because this is the last time I'll ever let you break my heart like you did back then. Tell your brother to leave my city and if we ever see each other again, consider us enemies," he said as he wiped the tear stains off his face and walked away leaving Rebekah crying hysterically.

 Tell your brother to leave my city and if we ever see each other again, consider us enemies," he said as he wiped the tear stains off his face and walked away leaving Rebekah crying hysterically