Chapter 10

It was another day in the lively city of New Orleans and Niklaus was walking around trying to clear his mind. He somehow couldn't come to terms with the fact that he's going to be a father. The word itself brought some horrible memories and he honestly didn't know if he was ready to be one or even be one.

Meanwhile Elijah was walking around New Orleans and giving Emma a spectacular tour. The noble original couldn't help smiling as he noticed that the young mermaid acted the very same way as his sister when she was human. It brought a smile to his face but then he remembered how they ended up meeting officially.

~FLASHBACK~

Elijah was wondering around the streets of New Orleans hoping to meet Emily and befriend her. He thought the best way to protect her was to get close and be her friend instead of acting like a stalker.

Emma however was in her apartment getting ready to go to the aquarium and meet Ronnie once again. She had received an email from the owner that verified she could start working. The blond  mermaid didn't hesitate as she hurriedly got ready and packed her scuba suit in her bag. She looked at herself in the dress before grabbing her necklace.

She grabbed her bag and placed it on her shoulder before closing the door of her apartment

She grabbed her bag and placed it on her shoulder before closing the door of her apartment. Since the weather was nice and she wanted to grab something to eat, Emma decided to walk instead of driving.

She grabbed her ear pods and placed them in her ears as she hummed to Angels part 1. She had fallen in love with the song after finding out her bias Park Jimin was singing in the song. While Emma was walking, she failed to notice the vampires that were staring at her. They had mistaken her for Rebekah Mikaelson who they discovered killed their friends the previous night.

After a few minutes of walking Rebekah noticed that something seemed strange. She noticed everyone looking at her weird and when she looked behind her she noticed the numerous males following her. She now became on guard ready to use her powers if she had to.

She continued to walk when she felt a hand grab her shoulder. With enough strength, Emma grabbed the perpetrators arm and flung him over her and unto the ground. However what she didn't expect was the other guy to ran and bring her into a chokehold so fast.

"This is what you get for killing our friends," said the guy as he squeezed her neck harder causing her to gasp for breath. The pressure on her neck was unbearable however she wasn't going to give up.

She held the man's arm that was squeezing her throat and heated them with her powers. Eventually the heat became so hot it burned his arms causing him to gasp out in pain dropping Emma. The mermaid then attacked by boiling the blood inside his body when the others tried to attack only to drop dead on the ground.

She released the man when she noticed a man holding one of the perpetrator's heart in his hand which shock her to the core. However the remaining man went to attack her again only for her to panic causing her powers to heat the man as he blew up like a balloon.

This sight traumatized Emma as the man's blood had sprayed and land all over her body. The mermaid stood there shocked and looked at the male with terror in her eyes before fainting as her rescuer caught her before she fell to the ground.

He felt concerned for her and sped with her to where he knew she lived. He knew it was creepy but he had stalked her once to know where she lived just in case. As he approached the the entrance, he realized he couldn't get in. Just then a powerful force enveloped the space and an old woman appeared.

"Now what are you doing with Emma and please keep in mind if she's hurt I won't hesitate to harm you in the worse way possible," threatened Miss Agatha.

Sensing that the old woman was a really powerful and one that could rival his mother or be more powerful, Elijah answered right away.

"Good day madam I pose no harm to Emma. I just helped her after she was attacked by vampires and she fainted due to shock," he explained.

"Fine I'll allow you to enter this once but make no mistake Mr Mikaelson, if I find out she's harmed due to your involvement with her, you and your so called family will regret it," said Agatha with venom laced in her words as she allowed the male to enter.

He carried the unconscious Emma to her apartment and realized he'd have to change her out of her bloody clothes . He knew he couldn't since it would be inappropriate so he placed her on a mat in the living room and rushed out. Five minutes later he arrived with Miss Agatha who decided to bathe and change the girl.

The woman was shocked to see her mermaid form but decided to act like she didn't know since it wasn't her secret to tell. After getting rid of the bloody clothing and wiping her down, Agatha placed the night wear on her body before calling Elijah to carry her to her bed.

Agatha left afterwards leaving the male original vampire with the girl. She felt he would kept Emma safe but she didn't fully trust him after all she knew all about him and his family.

Two hours later Emma woke up freaking out only to realize she was at her apartment. The image of the man exploding and his blood falling on her came back to her as tears fell from her face.

"Hey hey calm down," said Elijah as he has decided to prepare something for her. He noticed the large amount of seafood in the fridge and cooked something along with hot chocolate and little marshmallows for her.

He gave her the hot chocolate allowing her to calm down before explaining what happened and how he helped her. He introduced himself before telling her about himself and about him and her attackers being vampires since she questioned who they were and how he could rip the men's hearts out so fast. He saw that she was afraid and fear shined through her eyes so he suggested to take her memory of the event but she decided against it.

He decided to help her get over the traumatic event as they became friends. Emma didn't trust him but after Miss Agatha told her he wouldn't harm her, the girl felt safe and the old lady made concoctions to help relax the girl while assured that she'd never allow anyone to harm her.

~END OF FLASHBACK~

Back to the present, Elijah and Emma were walking along the streets of New Orleans since the girl felt safe enough to walk around. Elijah revealed he knew her secret and decided he'd help her whenever she needed him which made her happy. To Emma, Elijah felt like an overprotective older brother and the male actually behaved like that.

He told her he'd allow her to meet his sister soon since she asked him about his family and got interested when he mentioned that she reminds him of his sister.

Klaus who was across the street spotted his siblings Elijah and Rebekah as he decided to confront them wondering if the older male had told their sister of his situation.

"So nice to see you Elijah and sis-" started Klaus only to look at Emma shocked as he suddenly heard her heartbeat.

"Brother meet Emma Gilbert, my friend," introduced Elijah looking at his shocked brother.