Chapter 3

I couldn't believe my parents got me a ticket to go to New Orleans but it was easy to take in since I was currently on a flight to the  birth place of Mardi Gras.

I wanted to know more about the place such as the best cafes and sites I could visit during my stay.

I just got out of the airport and into a taxi as I gave the man the address for the place I'll be staying at. My parents said I'll be staying at a place called the French Quarter and so it didn't take long for the taxi to arrive at my destination.

I paid the driver before exiting the vehicle as I looked around but sadly I didn't notice the strange look that the driver gave me before he drove off. I walked up to this lovely apartment building with flowers hanging on the balcony. I knocked on the entrance where I was greated by a lovely old lady.

 I knocked on the entrance where I was greated by a lovely old lady

"Hello deary how may I help you?" she asked.

"Hello my name is Emma Gilbert my parents booked one of the apartments," I replied.

"Oh my well come in dear let me check the registry to see what room you'll be staying in," she replied as she helped me with my suitcase inside before walking around the desk.

"Ahh Emma Gilbert room A103 says here you'll be staying here for two months,"said the woman.

"Yes it's summer vacation before I go to college,"I replied.

"Well Emma I'm the owner of Bells and Beau apartments Agatha Green but you can call me Miss Agatha or Aunt Agatha and I hope you enjoy your stay," she says giving me a welcoming smile.

"Thank you and I will," I smiled before walking to the elevator that she told me would take me to my apartment floor.

I walked out of the elevator and into the corrador looking for the door that has my room number.

"101,102, A103 I found you," I said as I arrived at my room door.

I placed the key into the key hole and opened the door as I stepped inside. I was awestrucked at the design of my room. Outside made it look small but damn whoever did this is skilled.

I placed my suitcase and bags on the bed as I decided to explore since I saw two rooms

I placed my suitcase and bags on the bed as I decided to explore since I saw two rooms. I entered the room on the left on to see that it was a bathroom.