Chapter 22

Charlotte was getting irritated as the time went on. She wanted to carry out the plan to kill Emma and get her tail but her godmother was taking too long with the so-called potion she needed. Charlotte couldn't take it anymore as she had to go on every day feeling miserable. Deep down, Charlotte didn't mean to target the girls from day one.

Growing up with her grandmother, Charlotte loved to hear about the woman's adventure with her two friends when they turned mermaids. Her grandmother Gracie, always has that longing look whenever she talks about her past. Charlotte's parents didn't like her being around her grandmother because they thought the woman was delusional but Charlotte always believed her.

It broke Charlotte's heart when her grandmother died and even though she wanted to go to the funeral, her parents wanted nothing more to do with the woman as they thought she brainwashed Charlotte against them. It was then that Charlotte met Agnes and with the help of the old witch, a now-grown Charlotte was able to locate Mako Island, the place where her mother gained her tail. As a tribute to her grandmother Charlotte too wanted her very own tail as a way to feel closer to her grandmother.

After becoming a mermaid, Charlotte began observing the girls and realized that they were not worthy to be mermaids as they continued to intentionally or unintentionally reveal the secret of their tails. This place was a memory for her grandmother and so Charlotte decided to deal with them. Sadly she was not successful and subsequently got her tail taken away and so now she was vengeful.

Meanwhile, in the French Quarter, Marcel a vampire who is supposed to be immune to all illness and disease was lying on his bed running a high fever and sweating profusely. Groaning in pain, one would think the male was suffering the symptoms of a werewolf bite.

All of this started after he got back from his date with Emma when she left her brothers who were making Little Mermaid jokes. They got to know each other better and even though the male vampire didn't know that Emma was an actual mermaid, he would refer to her as his little mermaid and she could only smile.

 They continued their date and at the end of the night, Emma decided to be bold and gave the vampire king and quick peck on the lips before moving back. Marcel who felt the soft lips that were pressed up against his couldn't stop himself so, he grabbed the blonde and brought her back for another kiss.

A warm feeling spread between the two lovers as they continued to kiss under the night sky. A feeling of bliss spread through Emma when she remembered their past together and this made her smile even more through the kiss. All of a sudden a spark shot through the lovers causing them to pull apart.

"Wow," said Emma.

"That was amazing," said Marcel as he was about to give her one more kiss when they were suddenly interrupted by a cough they looked towards the mansion and saw the four Mikaelson males looking at them.

"Release my sister before you lose your hands," said Kol as he walked towards them and grabbed Emma placing her over his shoulder like a bag of potatoes. While kicking and screaming, Emma tried to get out of Kol's arms bought only received a tickle in response.

Rebekah had seen Marcel outside their house and went to approach him but the male turned his head and ran back to his compound. Upon arrival, Daniel started to interrogate the male bout his date when he suddenly felt a sharp pain in his heart. He suddenly fell to his knees and Daniel ran to his aid just in time to catch the now unconscious male.

While unconscious, Marcel's consciousness appeared in the dark and he began to shout and scream for help while wondering where he was. 

"You are noisy you know," said a voice to Marcel as he turned around to face where the voice was coming from. He then turned around and a blue dragon caused him to scream.