Chapter 24

~FEW MONTHS EARLIER~

A young Hayley Marshall had just been kicked out of her foster parent's home. The couple couldn't even look at the young girl who had turned into a large greyish-brown wolf that destroyed their once beautiful home.

A single tear fell from her hazel-green eye before it was quickly wiped away. Hayley took the small bag that contained her only belongings and threw it over her shoulder as she walked away from the house with no regret. The couple hid behind their curtain shaking in fear as they watched the brunette leaving as they hoped and prayed she never returned.

For three straight months, Hayley traveled from place to place hoping to survive while suffering under the torturous gaze of the sun. She would steal clothes and food just to ensure she had something clean to wear now and then and something to fill her belly during those sleepless nights.

It was another day since she had been cast out of her temporary home and things weren't going as she had expected. Her stomach continued to growl as she clutched her belly in pain having not eaten anything for two days now. To make matters even worse, tonight was a full moon and she had nowhere to go.

She continued to walk when all of a sudden she accidentally bumped into an elderly woman causing her to fall on the ground.

"Oh I am sorry," she said as she held out her hand and helped the woman up. 

"It's okay dear," the woman said as she slowly got up with Hayley's help before muttering a wow.

"What's wrong?" Hayley asked.

"It has been quite a while since I've encountered someone of your kind," said the lady.

"Excuse me?" Hayley asked offended thinking the woman was referring to her tan skin which used to be light olive before she was exposed to the sun's hot rays.

"It's not every day you come across a werewolf in the streets of New Orleans,"  said the lady.

"Wait I was in New Orleans," said Haytley as she didn't see the welcome sign when she entered the town.

"I thought the first question you'd ask would be how do you know I'm a werewolf," said the woman.

"Oh, wait how do you know I am a werewolf?" Hayley asked.

"We witches can sense all of nature's creatures that walk on its land," replied the old woman.

"Come child, its best we leave as it is not safe for either of us to be found here," the old woman added as she once again grabbed Hayley's hand and led her through the cemetery towards a small house that she led the she-wolf into.

"I am Agnes, what's your name?" the witch asked as she took her fortune telling cloak off her body and placed it on a chair. 

Hayley then introduced herself as the woman guided her to an empty chair prompting her to sit down. Agnes continued to get to know Hayley and eventually she persuaded the girl to stay at her house. Seeing she had nowhere to go, Hayley reluctantly agreed and thanks to the witch's help, for the first time she didn't have a really painful shift.

As time progressed, a bond formed between the elder witch and the young she-wolf. While disguised, Agnes would gather herbs to make into tea to help mask Hayley's werewolf scent.

It was during this time did Agnes learned from the other ancestral witches that Klaus Mikaelson had broken his curse and was turning werewolves into hybrids like himself.

She knew that if he had succeeded with his plan then no one would be safe and so she called Hayley. She told the girl to travel to Mystic Falls and try to get close to Klaus and kill him or stop him from creating hybrids. Being curious about the supposed male, Hayley immediately agreed as she wanted to set out for the infamous town.

However after learning that the so called hybrid was turning werewolves against their will, she was really pissed. Especially when she learned of the numerous wolves that were found dead in a mountain clearing with bleeding eyes and ears.

She then bid Agnes farewell as she made her way to Mystics Falls only to stumble upon a man who claimed to know about her biological parents.

At first she wanted to avoid the man but when she heard he too was heading to Mystic Falls, she decided to tag along to see what mischief he was going to cause.

It was also thanks to the man that she was able to meet Klaus' first successful sired hybrid Tyler Lockwood. Under the pretense of being a curious and friendly she-wolf, she was able to have a close relationship with him which led them to have sex. It wasn't long after that she was able to persuade him to break the sire bond with Klaus.

In the end Klaus killed all the betrayers and Tyler's mother Carol as a consequence. It was shortly after this did Hayley find out she was pregnant with Tyler's baby.

In shock and horror, she wanted to abort the child as she didn't think she would make a good mother. She went as far as to consult Agnes about this matter who took advantage of the situation.

Under Agnes' persuasion, Hayley reluctantly had sex with Klaus and thanks to this, the phony abomination baby story came to being. Hayley was able to claim the child as Klaus' with the aid of the witches.

This plan continued until Rebekah and Emma had discovered the truth after they were kidnapped.The duo were conscious when they over heard the conversation between Hayley and Agnes.

"Are you really sure about this?" Hayley asked with her little baby bump slightly showing.

"I told you already Hayley that it will work. One of those two is carrying a large amount of power and I want it so either you stay and help or you leave," said Agnes.

"I'm just worried," said Hayley.

"When I get their magic you won't have to worry because I'll be able to kill Klaus and no one would know that you're baby isn't his," said Agnes as she reassured the pregnant she-wolf.

A/N: Hello my lovely readers, I know it's been a while since I updated any of my books and that's because I recently got a job. Balancing my school work and it has been hard so I didn't get any free time as yet but I'll slowly update when I have time. I hope you all have a good day and that you like this chapter.