Chapter 20

Emma was shocked to see the handsome man talking to her and so a blush appeared on her cheeks which didn't go unnoticed by the certain self-proclaimed king of New Orleans. No matter what the duo did, the spark that recognized the love they once shared rekindled and Emma was happy. She was happy to see her Marcel again but sad that he didn't remember their time together in their past life. 

"What do you mean we meet again?" She asked trying to act oblivious.

"Well at least now you are wearing clothes and not roaming the streets of New Orleans naked," he only commented.

Emma could only look appalled at the male for his insinuation that she was an exhibitionist who enjoyed public nudity.

"Hey I'll have you know that it was not my intention to roam the streets naked but that I was kidnapped from my residence in the middle of the night," she replied as she thought of it as kidnapping since the full moon trapped her against her will and let her to the ocean.

"Haha, you are one funny girl. Well let me introduce myself I am Marcel Gerard, what's your name?" 

"Well, you kind sir I am Emma Gilbert," the young mermaid replied as she tried to imitate a British accent over her Australian one.

"What are you up to on this lovely sunny day?" he asked as he tried not to laugh at her failed accent attempt.

"Well I have work at the moment," she replied.

"You work at the aquarium?" he asked as he noted her shirt which had the aquarium's name on it.

"Yes, do you perhaps want to come and see what I do?" she asked wanting to spend more time with the male.

"Why not," he replied as he too wanted to spend more time with the girl, well mostly to see if she was different from his old flame Rebekah Mikaelson. Emma nodded with a smile as the two hailed a taxi and went to the aquarium.

Meanwhile, Rebekah who wanted to clear her head was walking down the streets of the French Quarter when she came face-to-face with the old witch Agnes and despicable red-haired God daughter Charlotte.  Rebekah wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone so she continued on her way when purposely grabbed her hand and pinched her causing the blonde Mikaelson to throw her hand away and the redhead to fall on the ground.

"Miss don't you think you are being rude," Agnes said as she helped Charlotte get up and dust her clothes off.

"What do you want?" Rebekah asked annoyed.

"You have to apologize to my goddaughter for pushing her down when she didn't even touch you," said Agnes.

"Miss I didn't even touch your daughter, however, she grabbed my hand and pinched me," said Rebekah.

"Miss you don't have to fabricate a lie if you don't want to apologize," said Agnes but Rebekah continued to ignore the woman and her Goddaughter who stood beside her shedding crocodile tears. Rebekah thought she already had enough drama at home so she wasn't going to stand there and take on any more so she left.

"You see Aunt it's like she won't even look at me after all the suffering she has caused me," said Charlotte as she looked at Agnes with tear-filled eyes.

"Don't worry my child I got what I needed from her. Leave everything to Aunt Agnes who will get revenge for you," said the old witch as she comforted the redhead but sadly she didn't see the smirk that appeared on Charlotte's face.

Marcel and Emma had arrived at the aquarium and the vampire male couldn't help smiling as he looked at Emma's happy reaction when they entered and she started talking about the different animals that were at the aquarium.