t w o

When I turned back to face the person, I realized it was Yeosang, my friend. Irene and I had been friends with him and the rest of the boys for a long time, since Jongho, one of the boys, and her were cousins.

I attempted to respond, but no word came out of my mouth. I remained petrified on the floor, as he rushed toward me. He clasped both of my cheeks in his palms and made me look him in the eyes. I was completely absorbed in the moment. He gently shook my head without inflicting any harm in an attempt to jolt me back to reality.

"What happened?" he asked again as he wiped my tears away, which were now smeared with mascara.

"Somebody..." I paused, recalling the preceding scene.

"I'm taking you home," he said before he stood and pulled me up.

As we walked toward his car, he wrapped his arms around my shoulders. He didn't let go of them until we reached his dark grey vehicle. I was the first one to get into the car. I waited for him to start the engine, but I noticed that his facial expression seemed confused as he read a message on his phone. At some point, when we were waiting for the traffic light to turn green, a black car passed just in front of us, and Yeosang didn't take his eyes off of the car until it was out of our sight.

"I want you to tell us every detail later," he stated.

I merely nodded, and we didn't speak anymore after that.

~

We heard footsteps approaching us as I opened the door to let us both in.

"Aeri? Why did it-" Irene took a breath and hesitated for a moment. "Oh, Yeosang! What happened? " She rushed toward me and took me in her arms.

After a long period of silence, I said, "Let's sit down."

Irene didn't let go of me as we entered the living room, and I discovered the boys. They rose from their seats, worried. Wooyoung hugged me tightly as I approached them. Before re-embracing me with his muscled arms, he cupped my face, looked me in the eyes and kissed my forehead. I noticed his lower lip was injured. It looked fresh, as if it had been barely a day ago. It took everything within me not to ask what happened and to take care of it. I heard him murmur, "I'm so relieved." I let him do it, even if I was angry at him.

I got stood up two days ago again. We both had waited a long time for that moment, but every time I tried to give him a chance, he shook me off. Maybe he had a good explanation this time.
I was aware of what he felt toward me, and it pained me to know that my feelings weren't as strong as his. And, while a part of me hoped that one day I'd be able to love him as much as he loves me, that I'd give him what he deserved and that he'd give me what I deserved, another part of me told me otherwise.

We sat down on the left side of the couch so that I was between Irene and Wooyoung. They waited for me to start explaining things.

--------------

"Did you see his face?" asked Yeosang, and I shook my head.

"It was too dark to see. Besides, he was wearing a hoodie that was hiding his face. "

"And can you guess his age?" questioned Mingi this time.

"He may have been about our age." I shrugged.

The boys exchanged glances before turning their attention to the others, as if they had some insight into who the mysterious savior might be.

"Do you have any idea of who it could have been? And what about my saviour? " I questioned them.

"Well... obviously not with the minimum information we have," answered Hongjoong with a hint of hesitation. I didn't believe them.

I murmured to myself, "I shouldn't have taken that alleyway," but it was loud enough to be heard by the others. Wooyoung wrapped his left arm around my shoulder, making me focus on my feet. I don't know why, but it made me nervous.

"We're with you; no one can hurt you," San said, a small smile on his face. I casted a glance at him, unsure if he was right.

"I know you all have someone in mind." No one answered. They all looked at the ground.

———————

"Aeri I'm so sorry. Please let me explai-" Wooyoung tried to make me look him in the eyes.

"No! Do you think it's the right time? You can't play with her like that! " Irene interrupted.

"Let's talk about it another time," I simply said, not wanting to start an argument with him now. When I looked up, my eyes stopped on his injured lips again. It looked awful.

"I won't let it happen again, I promise." Wooyoung nodded at his own confession. But I didn't care. It was just a meaningless sentence to me.

"That's what you always say!" Irene retorted.

"Don't talk when you know nothing." The boy next to me added in an irritated tone and rested his arm on his thigh.

"Wooyoung, don't be ridiculous. Stop behaving like that." I frowned and snapped my head in his direction.

"And you stop protecting her for once." He got up and left the apartment in frustration.

"Don't speak to her that way!" Irene said it loudly enough for him to hear her.

"Go grab your stuff, you're sleeping at our place today," Hongjoong said calmly.

"Please," Irene said, and I knew she intended for us to obey.

I was bothered by his reckless behavior. I couldn't help but look at the others. I just needed him to stop acting like a child if he wanted something more.

"He thinks a simple excuse will solve the problem and it annoys me."

"You know, he doesn't think so" San uttered. That seemed obvious to me. It shouldn't have irritated me, but it did.

"Go get your things. Wooyoung is surely waiting for us outside," said Mingi.

My friend pulled me up and we made our way to the bedroom we shared. I washed my face before we left, to remove the sobbing mascara. I just took my college bag and stuffed the necessary items inside.

We all exited the apartment and noticed Wooyoung in the driver's seat of his bmw. He didn't bother to lift his head to look at us since he was too preoccupied with his phone.

While Hongjoong and Mingi walked in his direction, Yeosang led Irene, San, and me to his Audi. San sat in the front, leaving us girls in the back. Kang started his car and followed the boys from behind.

—————————————————————————

Author's note:

Hey hey! So here you have the second chapter. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed writing it. There are so many interesting ideas in my head that I want to incorporate into this book! But if you want some type of content in it, don't hesitate to write to me. I know there are a lot of stories on this app that resemble each other, and that is why I want to write an interesting and mature story that doesn't get boring. I don't actually know how many of you will find this story, but please, if you're already here, don't hesitate to vote and share this story to increase public awareness :) Thank you

jimilix