s e v e n t e e n

Author's note:

Hey hey dear readers!
I'm so sorry I couldn't update the story sooner but uni is quite stressful not to lie. So finding time to concentrate on the following chapters were hard because of the exam I had.
But here is the next chapter and I hope you enjoy it!!
Don't forget to like to support and motivate me and comment to let me know what you think! <3
And now, time to enjoy :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Irene! Irene! Open that damn door!" My right hand banged on the back seat window, and the other desperately tried to open the door. My best friend hurried to press the release button.

She looked in the rearview mirror before stepping on the gas, not even waiting for me to fasten my seat belt. She wasn't alone. Yunhoo was sitting in the passenger seat.

"Holy God" was the first thing Yunho said after Irene parked her car.

We both sat down for a while, catching our breath.

"Irene, why are we here?"

"We can't go back to our apartment. I'd rather never cross Felix again. This time I truly don't want you to die. " I just nodded.

"The others...they must hate me... Say Yunho, do you dispise me?"

"No, I don't. But when it comes to the others... they're really worried. Yeosang tried to convince everyone to have a little funeral in your honor. He's convinced you're dead. I didn't tell them Chan wrote to Irene," he chuckled lightly.

"How did you know Chan wrote to Irene?" I raised my eyebrows.

His face twisted for a moment as he opened the car door to get out.

"Well, we were alone when Chan wrote to me, and he basically heard me swear after reading the message." Irene said.

——————————

"Let's go, Aeri."

I was actually quite nervous about meeting them, not to lie. I didn't know how they would react after this, if it was going to be like Yunho.

"Irene, Yunho! Where the hell have you two been?" Yeosang shouted as he heard the door close, his footsteps approaching the front door.

"Fuck Aeri! Every time I'm sure you're dead, you show up again out of nowhere!" Yeosang crossed his arms across his chest, though he smiled slightly. I didn't say anything, preferring to let it be as it was.

Yunho took off his shoes while Yeosang opened his arms, inviting me into his arms. He tightly wrapped his arms around me, almost hurting me. Even though he sometimes made evil jokes, I knew how important I was to him.

"Aeri is alive and finally back!" As Yeosang shouted the words in the house, we heard a huge thud.

"Aeri!" San ran down the stairs and immediately threw himself into my arms.

"I missed you so much!" he whimpered, not wanting to let me go. I was relieved. He didn't seem to be mad at me for what had happened. He took my face into his palms and kissed me on the head. Tears started to form in my eyes because of the overwhelming situation.

The other members joined in the hug, leaving no air for me to properly breathe. And even Wooyoung joined us, placing soft kisses on my cheek and forehead, and I finally felt at home again and safe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As much as I wanted, I couldn't get it out of my head.
As a few weeks passed and spring came and as the flowers were slowly blooming, the boy was still there in my mind. I didn't see him anymore, which was definitely better for the sake of everyone.

I took out the phone to check the time. It's been just two hours. Two hours that I was sitting on this wooded bench, contemplating the sight in front of me. The park was almost empty, leaving a few children playing on the playground and couples passing by as I pulled on my coat. Although the sun was shining, the air was still fresh. It had become my daily routine to walk in the park since I moved into my new apartment with Irene. This time, our apartment was on the same street as the guys'. Of course, my father was involved in it. He had helped me to get it.

She was probably waiting for me to get home so we could have dinner together. It has become better. The boys weren't insisting anymore on escorting me whenever I needed to leave the house. They were convinced it was still unsafe, but they had started to try to ignore the fact that something could happen to me.

I adjusted the thin scarf around my neck, and even that little detail made me think of him. I hated that I still kept on thinking of him. I hated myself for the feelings I felt for him. He was a murderer. He wanted to kill me. He took advantage of me and lied to me. And worst of all, I let him and thought I would finally get my answers.

When I went back to my apartment, I searched my bag for my keys before going up to the second floor. I really liked this apartment. As I lowered my head, I found a small box with a folded note on top of it on the porch. I grabbed and opened it to only let me discover the following words: "wear this to the party. see you soon." In the box I found an emerald green bracelet with a soft gold touch. It was very beautiful, almost too beautiful to be touched to observe . Whoever send this to me had a good taste. But what am I supposed to do with it? What party was the real question here? Did this come from him? No, I should immediately get the thought out of my head.

I might be both excited and deathly terrified at the same time, regardless of how sick the idea of him discovering me again made me feel.

"Irene?" I called out her name after opening the door and letting my bag fall onto the ground.

"Oh, are you already back?" She appeared with a towel in her hands. "Dinner is almost ready."

I nodded, but before she had time to leave, I raised my hand in the air, showing her the note I held between my middle finger and my index finger. "It says see you soon. And it came with this bracelet."

"Any idea who it could be? I mean, are we sure this comes from Stray Kids? I mean, yeah, that's very likely, but why now? He had plenty of time to find us again, so why now?" She kept on asking questions while taking the object from my hand to have a better look at it.

"You appear to be the one of the two of us who is most frightened."

"You're right, but I worry about my best friend. What's so wrong with it?"

"Irene, I didn't say anything similar, but please stop, you're making me much more nervous than I already am."

"Right, no reason to panic, you two." We both turned around only to discover Hongjoong.