s i x

"So I get home and see Felix in our house? What do you think of this? I mean why would he want to protect you? You don't know each other after all. " Irene whispered into my ear as Wooyoung and Hongjoong entered the lecture hall.

"I don't know Irene. He's a gang member and so are the others."

"That's right, but they have been your friends for so long compared to him." We both fell silent as a boy sat down next to me. I turned around to discover one of Felix's friends, whom I'd seen at the cafeteria the day before.

"Oh oh" the familiar figure leaned comfortably against the back of his seat, his eyes fixed on Wooyoung.

"What the fuck are you doing here, Hwang Hyunjin?" Wooyoung stepped closer while Hongjoong remained behind him.

"We'll share this lecture together from now on."

"I think you're wrong about that." Hongjoong crossed his arms.

"Get out of here." I felt Wooyoung's muscles contract.

"Guys" I tried to interrupt them, but none of them paid attention to me.

Hyunjin chuckled before readjusting his seat and placing his elbows on the table to approach Wooyoung even closer.

"I advise you to fuck off Wooyoung since it's my duty to keep the girl safe now."

"You bastards, don't involve her in this. She has nothing to do with it."

The others were staring at us and the panic started to grow in me.

"Guys, please!" I tried a bit louder this time.

"Aeri, let's go." Wooyoung stepped closer, grabbed my arm and pulled me out of the room before releasing it. He was furious at this very moment, and there's no need to mention that it was better for me to stay silent.

"Jung!" Hyunjin shouted out before seizing Wooyoung's arm and forcing him to turn around and meet my friend with his punch. Wooyoung didn't wait to return the punch.

"Stop!" I heard Irene cry as she stepped next to me.

"Hyunjin!" Someone screamed from behind. "Let's go, Felix will show up later anyway."

"Minho." Hyunjin said as he turned and started to walk down the hall with his friend as if nothing had happened.

"Next time any of you approach her, I'll personally tear Felix in two!" Wooyoung stood behind me, a rage-filled expression on his face.

"Aeri" San's voice rang in my ears. Since when was he here? "You have talked to him, haven't you?" His voice was somehow threatening, which was confusing. "Be honest."

My eyes rested on Irene, as if to ask for advice. She looked at me and discreetly shook her head.

"No." I looked straight into his eyes and pushed him away to gain some personal space. I attempted to remain calm so they wouldn't realize I lied.

"I'm bringing you home. You seem pale." Hongjoong stepped closer to me.

"I'm coming with you" Irene added.

Hongjoong grabbed my bag and escorted Irene and me out of the building. He remained silent the entire way, making me nervous. Irene's gaze was wandering toward me from time to time.

----------

"I know you lied." He stated as we stopped in front of the door. I didn't manage to say anything, so I looked down at my shoes and Irene remained silent behind me.

"I don't think the others noticed it." This time I raised my head to look at him after inserting the key in the hole to open up the door.

"He said I couldn't trust you," I said as I opened the door, letting us into the apartment.

"And you believe him?" Hongjoong raised his left brow. I knew what I was going to say would disappoint him.

"I don't know."

"Don't say that." He sighed and sat down on the couch.

"Can you answer me honestly?" I asked as I took a seat next to him. I waited for his agreement, but he didn't say anything, he simply looked me in the eyes.

"Can you tell me the truth?" I wanted to hear it from my friend not anyone else.

"Look, it's complicated. So please don't ask me questions I can't answer. You wouldn't understand. But I assure you, we're not the bad ones here." He took my hand in his.

I remained silent and glanced at Irene, who was standing against the door frame.

"Back then, it was a really gloomy time." He paused before continuing. "And... Some things have happened." I just nodded, knowing he wouldn't answer me if I insisted.

"Wooyoung is so worried about you. But I don't think Felix wants to hurt you in any way, because if he did, he already would have done something. Nothing can stop a killer like him. It's just his intentions that I don't understand. As a leader, I'm usually good at analysing situations, but this one is different. I'm terribly worried about you. You know how important you are to me as well as to the others."

"Then let me help you find out the reason" I dared to say.

"You don't know what you're saying." He lightly shook his head.

"She's right. You need her help." Irene spoke for the first time.

"That's a bad idea. Forget what you said." Hongjoong replied as he turned his head in the other direction and whispered to himself, "he wouldn't want you to find out the reason."

-----------

"What was Hongjoong talking about?" I asked Irene as if she knew the answer.

"How would I know?"

"Yeah, you're probably right." I laid down on my bed.

"So are you going to talk to Felix?"

"If it means finding out the truth, then yes. Honestly, I don't want to obey the boys anymore. They're hiding something, and I'm tired of it."