t w e l v e

He was holding a gun, had somewhat ruffled hair, and had dried blood on his face where he had been injured. I pulled myself together under the cold stare. I fixed my gaze on my lap, where my hands were now resting.

"Let's go, Aeri." Felix nodded to Chan before grabbing my arm and pulling me off the bench.

"It's late. You need to rest." His voice was quiet, though surprisingly caring. I didn't say anything but followed.

~ After a short while, I was curled up in a warm blanket on his bed. In the dim light coming from the sole table lamp that was lighted in his room, I couldn't help but watch as Felix examined his weapon.

It was more than just strange. Felix stared at his pistol while losing himself in thought until he placed the gun down with a loud sigh. Stranger still was the expression he fixed on his face as he examined himself in the mirror after wiping the dried blood from his face.

"Felix, what did you do?" He shook his head in response to my question.

His eyes were dark, and his aura was darker than ever as he chuckled and inched closer.

"Hm, let's say I took care of something for you, darling."

"Don't tell me you hurt any of my friends again." Innerly, I was praying it wasn't the case.

"No. You really think badly of me."

As he lay down on his bed, I felt a lump start to form in my throat. I drew closer to the edge of the bed, which caused Felix to giggle. There was nothing he could take care of for me. I had no problems. Despite my stomach ache, I wanted to ask, but Felix swiftly shifted the topic, so I refrained.

"Still not at ease?" His body drew nearer till his arm could almost completely encircle mine.

Despite the agitation, my thoughts continued to race through my mind, and I felt as if I were tripping in the late hours. I moved his arm away and he surprisingly let me do. I hated the impact it had on me the most. I should fear for my life after all. I should not stay here.

"No. Because you never talk, Felix," He sighed at my words, most likely because he knew they were true. "Why don't you want to explain anything? Why don't you tell me why Wooyoung is in the hospital now, badly injured, and you... you're here?

"Are you telling me you wish I was in the hospital too?" He furrowed his brows.

"It's not what I'm-" I sighed, placing my hands on my face for a second. "I just want to know why you both do this. Why do you need to protect me? Why..." There were so many questions. About Ateez, about his own gang, about my father, about my attacker. But he wouldn't talk if I kept on asking questions, would he?

He ceased speaking entirely until he believed I had fallen asleep. He kissed my forehead with an incredibly gentle touch, sweeping away the hairs that had gotten into my face. I made an effort to keep my eyes closed as he let out a soft murmur.

"If I were to talk to you about the things you wanted, I'd be honest. And I can't do that yet. You'd discover the truth. Believe me, all I want and am expected to do is to protect you..."

-----------------------------------

I woke up to a shining sun in the room and an empty space next to me. I turned around with a sigh before I looked at the watch. It was already ten in the morning, meaning the alarm hadn't woken me up, and neither had Felix. I got out of bed, quickly picked up my clothes, and went straight to his bathroom. I washed my face and teeth, brushed my hair before exiting and running down the stairs.

No one greeted me when I entered the kitchen. So I checked the living room, but still nobody was to be found. The whole house was quiet, and the feeling of emptiness overwhelmed me. My phone. I needed to find my phone to call Irene or any of the boys.

"Shit, Felix!" I sighed and closed my eyes for a few seconds before dropping my body onto the couch after being unsuccessful in finding the phone.

My eyes opened up again when I felt someone approaching the couch.

"He went out this morning." The boy next to me, who had dark eyes and an unreadable face, played with a pen in his hand.

"They should have been back now." He added while looking at the clock when I didn't answer. My breathing got a little louder as my heart pounded in my chest.

"Why didn't you go with them, Han?"

"Call me Jisung. It doesn't feel right for you to call me like that." He paused before continuing. "Thought it wouldn't be so clever to leave you alone." He finally turned his head, his gaze meeting mine before quickly leaving them again.

"You see, I couldn't have ruled myself if I saw them again. Chan would be disappointed if I did something wrong this time."

"Who?" Jisung gave me a deep chuckle. His eyes were full of things I couldn't read. I felt my lower lip tremble.

"Not Jung Wooyoung, don't worry. But I won't lie by saying I couldn't have controlled myself if I saw him.

"Jisung, why did they fight last night?" His lips formed a small smile that wasn't really noticeable.

"I'm not allowed to answer that question, sorry. But what I can definitely say is that your friends aren't bad fighters after all."

I had started to dig my nails into my palm and I hadn't realised until I felt a sharp pain.

"Aeri, you have to leave this place now. Go to him. Even if I hate Jung Wooyoung, he's better for you than Felix in so many ways."

"Where's my phone? I need to call Irene to pick me up."

"I'll drive you to the hospital. Don't worry." For some reason, I trusted him and felt he wasn't lying to me. I don't know how angry Felix would be at him nor at me, but it didn't matter.

————————————

Author's note:

Well, well. I tried to upload this chapter asap :) Hope the lengths of the chapters are okay and not too long <3
Wonder what we'll discover in the following chapters hm? Stay curious!

(Also! Im so excited for Ateez's comeback this month ahhh)