t h i r t e e n

"Park there!" I said as I pointed my finger at an empty spot close to the entrance of the hospital.

"Alright, miss is already giving me orders. I wouldn't recommend doing the same with your lover."

"My lover?" Was this boy alright in his head?

"Well, Felix." He rolled his eyes as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Nonsense!" I exclaimed before getting out of the car and slamming the door shut.
I turned around to leave him there and go find Wooyoung, but he stopped me by opening his window.

"Don't take too much time. I'll wait for you here, but you have to be back before Felix has the chance to come home before us." He handed me my phone through the window. I didn't say anything. I grabbed the phone and continued walking.

I unlocked the phone to see a few missed calls from Seonghwa, Hongjoong, and Irene. She even texted me, but I didn't have time to open up the message to read it.

Once I found out in which room Wooyoung was, I walked as quickly as possible to reach it, which was on the third floor. My heart started to beat irregularly when I finally stood in front of the door. I didn't want to face him like this. I was not ready for it.

I took a deep breath and slowly opened the door without knocking. Yeosang was the first one to raise his nose when I unsurely entered the room. Seonghwa followed next. Wooyoung was packing his stuff, so he wasn't able to see me.

"Aeri" Seonghwa stood up from his chair, making the injured boy slowly turn to face me.

My eyes stopped on his cheekbone, where the biggest visible bruise was. A small plaster had been applied on his brow and a wound dressing on his forearm. I actually didn't want to look at his chest or any other body parts. I just imagined them being horribly bruised, but I hoped I was wrong.

"What has he done?" My voice was so quiet due to my tears starting to appear in my eyes. I managed to hold them back, but the task wasn't so simple.

Wooyoung didn't reply immediately. He turned his attention to his belongings on the bed. I looked at Seonghwa, and he nodded once, as if giving me permission to approach him. My feet were moving, making steps, but little ones. His gaze still didn't wander towards me. I felt my heart hurt. Yes, it was painful, but I kept on approaching him. Once I stood next to him, he finally turned his head and sighed before murmuring something to me.

"Hug me." I didn't wait any longer and slowly and carefully wrapped my arms around his neck while the tears started to fall down my cheeks. He buried his face in my neck and held me tight.

The others were still in the room, but nothing of this felt awkward. After all, why should it be? For such a long time, we were all good friends.

"I'm so sorry this happened." My voice broke as I quietly said the words. They were barely audible, but I knew that he had heard me.

"None of this is your fault, Aeri, remember." He said, while breaking the hug to come grab my face in his soft hands. He wiped off the tears with his thumbs before smiling at me.

But i just shook my head. I knew damn well that this was only because of me. I knew that I should feel guilty. This shouldn't have happened, whatever the reason was.

"How did you manage to convince him to let you see me?"

"I didn't convince him. He doesn't know I'm here." I said, sitting on his bed, asking him to do the same.

"You know what happens if he finds out you're here, right?"

No, honestly, what would he do to me? Punish me? Raise his voice at me? Hurt me in any way? That wasn't holding me back. He had hurt me by hurting my friend. I made a choice. I did what a friend would do.

"I don't care to be honest" I shrugged. " But I can't stay for long. I need to be back before he gets home."

"We all would love you to come with us, but that boy is a maniac. Better for you if you do what he says, huh." Yeosang exclaimed from the corner of the room.

"We'll see you tomorrow, alright?" Seonghwa stated calmly, his arms crossed across his chest.

"I'll be there, don't worry." Wooyoung said, as if he understood my upcoming question.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Jisung chuckled before coming a little closer to be able to see my whole face, which made me back away.

We had just entered, and thankfully Felix or any of the boys weren't here yet. I honestly didn't want to imagine what he'd say or do if he learned I had secretly left his house. No, wrong. I hadn't secretly left; Jisung had let me in, and that was worse.

My breathing seemed to calm down a bit as he stood up and I started to breathe normally again.

"Aeri, you need to get out of here. Jung Wooyoung may be better for you than Felix in many ways, despite the fact that I despise him."

Why did he say that? Wasn't he supposed to be on his friend's side? Shouldn't he say how good and caring he was? How he'd do anything for me because it was exactly what his friend had made me understand?

"Is that so? Jisung's eyes widened when he heard a deep sound coming from the living room's entryway.

But before Jisung could answer Felix, he approached us both with quick steps, grabbing my wrist before pulling me out of the room, up the stairs and into his bedroom. He wasn't gentle, and I immediately knew that he had found it out.

He pressed my body against the now closed door, one of his hands grabbing my hip and the other my shoulder.

"Talk." He spoke with a deeper voice than ever, and his eyes were exceptionally black and squinted.