f i v e

"Hm? Who's Felix? "

"He's a Stray Kids member. You've surely heard of them."

My eyes were wide open. In fact, I had heard a few things about them, and apparently they were not to be joked with.

"Why do you think he rescued you? Certainly not because he didn't have anything better to do. I'm still surprised you had the opportunity to flee from him. " This time, he let go of my hand to grab my wrist and pulled me to get to his car. I don't know if he realized his grip was a little too tight but I let him do. My brain was just too full.

"But he told me to run away! He could have hurt me if he wanted. Don't you think? "

"Aeri." He paused to look me in the eyes. "You're so innocent... This guy has something in mind," he murmured before opening the passenger door.

He quickly stepped into the car and started the engine. The parking lot was not full, making it easier to get out. His white knuckles and furious expression made me worry.

"Wooyoung, you're...criminals too," but he didn't answer. He simply kept looking at the road.

"Aeri, I'm so sorry. I'm sorry for not being able to protect you like I should..." Wooyoung stopped speaking as I looked at him. The bruise on his lips was slowly dissapearing, but the one on his fist was awful.

"It's not your duty to protect and escort me all the time." I awkwardly turned to look out of the window.

"Stop saying such a dumb thing." I suddenly felt him grab my hand as tears welled up in my eyes, but I didn't want to appear weak, so I managed to hold them back.

-----------------

I opened the door to let us in. We removed our shoes and I followed him into the living room from behind. He sat on the couch, but I could tell it hurt him. I went up the stairs to the restroom to fetch the supplies I needed to heal his wounds. I was going to open the door when he walked in.

"I'm going to have a look at your bruises. Sit down." He sighed and stood there for a second, but obeyed without saying anything. He sat on the side of the bathtub as I began gently patting the cotton over the wounds to disinfect them.

"Aeri" I paused and looked up at him with a raised brow to let him continue.

"I'm sorry I ruined everything again," he said, and I could feel the sincerity in his words.

"I love you. I have loved you since high school. Every time I saw you in the hallway, I could sense my irregular heartbeat. Back then, I was so happy just to be able to see you. But I was very spoiled at the time, "he paused to look me in the eyes. "Please forgive me."

He was pounding my heart with his confession. Our faces were so close that it was hard for me to focus on anything.

"I've already forgiven you for certain things, Wooyoung. And this, you seemed to be involved in a fight. That's not an excuse for everything, but I forgive you. " He flashed me a smile.

I didn't realize how close we were until I felt his breath tickling my face and noticed I was in between his legs. I couldn't handle the small distance between us, but I didn't do anything to back up.

"I wish it wasn't so complicated," he said, examining my lips.

My entire body was paralyzed. He approached his lips to mine, making my heart race, but he stopped as our lips brushed against each other before we got too far. His lips were so attractive, but I knew that tasting them was wrong. He looked me in the eyes, but I just kept observing his lips, not being able to take my gaze away from them. He abruptly pulled away and rose to leave the room, but before he could exit, I grabbed his arm. He turned to face me, prepared to say something, but I moved in closer and embraced him. He returned the hug a few seconds later, softly patting my back.

"I hope you know we're the good ones in this. If you need anything, you can call any of us, anytime. But I'd prefer it if you called me instead of the others." I pulled away to look at him.

"I know" I murmured.

"Irene will soon be here. There's something I need to do, so I cannot stay." I nodded.

"Bye," he smiled as he pulled away and went down the stairs.

I sighed as I heard the door close. Why did I let it happen? I don't want to imagine what would have happened if we actually kissed each other. I'm glad he didn't let it happen.

I stared in the mirror for a good five minutes before I put everything back in its place and went down to rest a bit until Irene came home.

My heart stopped as I stepped into the living room.

"What are you doing here?!"

"Ah, finally we properly meet each other, Aeri." Felix's expression was somehow cold. He was sitting on my couch as if it wasn't his first time being here. He patted the empty space next to him to make me sit down. I hesitated.

"Come on, I mean yeah, you witnessed me murdering, but I could have hurt or killed you sooner if I wanted to get rid of you." He raised his hands innocently.

I sighed, rolling my eyes, before I slowly walked over and sat down next to him on the couch, making sure to leave some space between us.

"Here, take your phone." He took the smartphone out of his pocket and handed it to me.

"So you had it during all this time..." I looked up and all I saw was a beautiful face. A handsome criminal. His perfect lips, dark intimidating eyes, and deep voice were balanced out with his cute freckles that seemed to be like a star constellation.

"How did you get in here?"

"Honey... You don't ask these types of questions to someone like me." He stated, his deep voice getting darker.

"Why did you let me escape that night if you're..." I wanted to say an assassin, but it didn't come out of my mouth.

Felix came closer, approaching his mouth close to my ear. His voice was barely louder than a seductive whisper.

"Would you have preferred me to kidnap you?" He chuckled, sending chills down my spine.

"I know you think I'm an asshole and that Stray Kids aren't as good as Ateez. That's what your boy has told you, hasn't he? But he's wrong, love. I'll tell you the truth if you come with me. Concerning everything, even about our rivalry. " Rivalry? I shivered and rose from my seat to back away from the couch.

"What truth? I don't even know you. Do you think I can trust you?"

"No. But who can you trust?" Felix's voice was calm. He stood up and approached me, but I didn't give him the satisfaction of backing away in fear.

"You seem to not know your friends that well after all. If you come with me, I'll protect you and keep you safe. You'll never have to worry about anything. I'll give you time to think about it."