e i g h t

His house was as big as I had expected. It wasn't one of those houses you would assume belonged to a very wealthy person, but it was pretty close to it. It was located in a quiet area at the end of the street, which seemed perfect for a gang. We got off of the motorcycle and Felix helped me remove the helmet. He unlocked the door and held it open for me to enter. The house was surprisingly clean, which was one thing I hadn't expected. No one was there as we stepped into the living room. I didn't feel that comfortable being alone with him in his house, and Felix somehow immediately sensed it.

"Go sit down on the couch." He ordered me, placing his hand on the lower part of my back, encouraging me to obey.

"Felix"

"Hm" he hummed.

"You said you'd tell me everything." I said, turning around to look at him before sitting down.

"We'll get to it. Be patient." He sat comfortably next to me, leaving some space between us.

"Aren't the others here?"

"I'm not sure. Some of them are on a mission." After that, there was a brief period of silence.

"Oh, this is Chan, our leader." Felix gestured to a guy who was strolling past us, examining a few papers in his hand.

"Finally we meet Aeri." Chan smiled kindly as he looked up after noticing me. I didn't reply but smiled at him awkwardly, not knowing what else to do.

Felix moved closer to me in order to make some space for his friend to be able to sit next to him. And as he did, our knees brushed against each other, sending shivers down my spine. Luckily, he didn't notice it. I tried to move my leg away from his, but he put his hand on it. Why was my heart beating so fast every time this man touched me?

"I think you're going to love Jeongin. He's the youngest and funniest among us" I nodded, but it wasn't why I was here; to make new friends.

"Felix, there is something we need to review now," Chan said, still looking at the documents.

"The mission needs to be rechecked. Wait in my room until then," Felix said, before standing up and leading me to his room. He opened the door for me and closed it, leaving me alone.

The black furniture let the room appear dark, but it was very clean, which didn't surprise me after seeing how tidy the house was. His room was simple and not too full, which I think suited him well. There were a few video games, a knife, and a pistol placed on his nightstand. There was also a desk on which a few documents and letters rested. In the corner was a picture of the entire group. They were hugging each other tightly and smiling at the camera. The picture must have been taken a while ago since they seemed to be young there. Another thing caught my attention. It was a sealed letter. I grabbed it gently and my eyes didn't believe what they saw. The logo on it was familiar; I knew it came from my father.

"What are you doing?" Before I could put the letter back, Felix quickly walked over to me and ripped it out of my hand, looking at it for a few seconds before sighing and putting it in one of the drawers.

"Haven't you been taught that it's innapropriate to touch another person's belongings without their permission?" He asked, lifting a brow.

"I'm sorry." I lowered my head, looking at the ground.

I really wanted to ask him what it was, but he stepped closer, grabbing my hand.

"Let's go down. There's food there. You must be hungry. " I looked back at the drawer before he took me downstairs.

We caught everyone's attention as we entered the room. While some smiled or greeted me and told me their names, two of the boys watched me with no expression on their faces. One of the boys' names was Minho, if I remember it correctly. He was there when Hyunjin and Wooyoung were about to start the fight. His stare, though, was not the same as the other's. He appeared to be just as bored as the other, but in a more solemn manner. My body tensed under the cold, evil gaze and I felt Felix put his hand on my shoulder. Then the boy turned his head without a word.

"Minho, Changbin," Felix called after them, trying to tell them something, but they seemed to not care.

Felix sighed while taking place next to Chan and patting the left space between him and the boy I didn't know the name of. I sat hesitantly down, not touching the food yet.

"You love barbecue chicken pizza, right?" The boy on my right flashed me a small smile to release the tension, and I simply nodded. "Oh sorry, you don't know my name yet. I'm Jeongin. It's nice to meet you!" He smiled while holding his hand in front of me to shake it.

"When are Seungmin and Han coming?"

"They'll be there soon." Hyunjin is also with them." Chan explained before taking a big bite of his slice of pizza.

Dinner was primarily occupied by the boys talking to each other, while I sat quietly next to Jeongin and Felix. Minho and Changbin didn't pay any particular attention to me, which I was thankful for, but I still felt uncomfortable. I didn't feel like eating since I had no appetite. I didn't come here to spend time with them and chitchat. I wanted answers.

"Eat" Felix said, as he put two slices of pizza on my plate.

His eyes kept looking at me, and I knew he wouldn't take them off of me until I had taken at least a bite. That's what I did. I started to eat. He smiled at me and put his hand under the table to grab mine, intertwining our fingers and placing them on his thigh. I almost choked on the food I was chewing, but no one noticed. I tried to pull my hand away, but I felt his grip only getting tighter. I gave up and it made him giggle. After finishing eating, he led me to his room again.

"You can sleep here tonight. I'll take you to college tomorrow." He explained, pointing to his bed.

"We haven't agreed on such a thing, Felix." I crossed my arms.

"I don't need your approval for my decisions." He replied, furrowing his brows.

I didn't say anything but sighed before rolling my eyes. He handed me a t-shirt as he approached.

"I don't want to spent the night here." I was serious.

"You need anything else?" He asked, leaning against the wall, and I shook my head.

Alright, it's useless to argue back.

"Um, are you sure it's okay?" I said embarrassed, which made him chuckle and nod.

"I'll see you tomorrow then," he added and turned around to leave, but I was quick enough to grab his wrist and make him stop.

"When will you give me answers? I'm not here to spend some time with you." I released my hand.

"You're so impatient," he said, stroking my hair. "One more thing. Never roll your eyes again in front of me. " He spoke before turning around and leaving me there.

------

Alright! What do you guys think of the chapter and the story in general? Am I doing a good job so far? Please don't hesitate to give me feedback and vote. It really means a lot to me.

The next chapters are definitely getting spicier! So please look forward to it.